How Did You Gain Your Weight??

Options
12346»

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    bud-light-family4.jpg

Bud light, LOL ! it's not even good beer!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I ate poorly and didn't exercise.

This^^ + I'm lazy and I make tons of excuses to feel sorry for myself + anxiety and depression (which by the way, are getting under better control with healthy eating and exercises).
  • missuspee
    Options
    Well.... i was always chubby as a kid but lost it all in my late teens, then between 20 and 29 i had three beautiful daughters (who i wouldn't change for the world) but they kinda left their mark on me and the chub returned! When my youngest was born 19 months ago I weighed 17st 11lb and since then I have passed my driving test and now i weigh 14st 13lb so its coming off slowly but surely!! Kids eh.... lol :laugh:
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    I started eating bigger portions and giving into the cheesecakes and such my boyfriend was so fond of. Then I got a job at McDonalds, which I hated, and I ended up taking the free meal I got every shift. I also started drinking heavily, stuffing my face with pork scratchings and crisps, and considering bacon to be a valid food group.
    Then I got fired from McDonalds (I kid you not, for "not smiling genuinely enough"), and started drinking even more because, let's face it, getting fired from McDonalds of all places knocks your confidence. So I just kind of sat and stagnated and got fatter and fatter. Eventually, my family gave me a much-needed lecture on how lardy I was (I was 216lbs), and after a lot of "I'll start my diet Monday", I got on with it.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I gained weight over the yrs since 1995 after going off to college...but I gained the bulk of my weight entering in the 200's when my mom died in August 2006...very depressing and sad time for me..I got in a relationship not long after that and eating fast food was our thing....once that went wrong after 3yrs I continued the bad habits....it wasnt until end of 2010 and New Love...I decided myself to change...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    To all of the women that gained too much during pregnancy...

I gained exactly the right amount my doc recommended for my size at the time 35-40lbs.
    I nursed. I worked out through my whole pregnancy. Yoga, walking, elliptical and swimming.
    And after I had the baby I still had nearly all of it to lose.
    We all ended up in the same boat! Or on the same site.
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    All the kids left home, was lucky enough to still be a stay at home wife, got looked after, got wined and dined, got lazy i guess as well as comfortable and so contented....ate well, drank well...got bigger :laugh: