martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    is there any news yet?

martyx
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Called, she's on our way. Love that girl. :]

Its good that you will have someone with you so you aren't on your own worrying! :)
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Just catching up............Any news?
  • LisaLashesxx
    LisaLashesxx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    fantastic. hope he is home soon.x
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hang in there I know it is hard
  • beclet
    Options

If I seem harsh, well sorry. I can't help thinking logically and questioning peoples behaviour.

You can't apply logic to all situations, especially when there are mental health issues involved.

Tenoreo90 - I completely understand what you are going through - I have been through exactly the same situation (ended peacefully - my brother was able to locate my husband). Try and focus on your breathing and stay as calm as you can and please, please try to get family/friends to you ASAP. Sending you all my love, empathy and best wishes xx
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetheart, I do hope he turns up. x
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why would you let him go if he's an alcoholic. I know you're stressed but honestly. If my bf was suicidal and an alcoholic I wouldn't let him go out to a bar or i'd atleast go with him

Crikey, are you kidding! this is not the time to grill this poor woman about why she didnt stop him.

Please keep is posted on your news. My thoughts are with you x
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I can't really offer any help but didn't want to read & run.

I really hope he turns up safe and well soon smiley-hug005.gif
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    An officer showed up at my door, he didn't seem to care that much, honestly. He said, "Boyfriend who go out to the bar aren't very high on our missing person list. He probably just got drunk and hooked up with someone." Wow, thanks, officer. He took down similar information on scrap paper and left. I don't think they're going to be much help...I'm going to go out and look when my SIL gets here.
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    An officer showed up at my door, he didn't seem to care that much, honestly. He said, "Boyfriend who go out to the bar aren't very high on our missing person list. He probably just got drunk and hooked up with someone." Wow, thanks, officer. He took down similar information on scrap paper and left. I don't think they're going to be much help...I'm going to go out and look when my SIL gets here.

That is disgusting behavior! I am sorry you are going through this.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Why would you let him go if he's an alcoholic. I know you're stressed but honestly. If my bf was suicidal and an alcoholic I wouldn't let him go out to a bar or i'd atleast go with him

She really doesnt need bashing at a time like this. If you dont have anything supportive to say, Dont say anything at all.

THIS! Seriously people, think before you open your damn mouth.

I really hope that you get news soon and that he's safe and well. Hopefully this whole situation might urge him to get some help. I know how hard it is to go through all of this with someone you care about.
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!! I know the feeling. :(( *hugs and prayers*
  • donnam40
    donnam40 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie, my heart goes out to you. A depressed/suicidal person is difficult to reason with. You are in my prayers tonight. Keep yourself safe too.

Donna xxx
  • Rozlynmac
    Options

How do you know if i've been in that situation or not?

I'm not judging i'm trying to understand.

If I seem harsh, well sorry. I can't help thinking logically and questioning peoples behaviour.

Most people who say that want to commit suicide never go through with it and it's usually a sign of something else in their life that they want to escape from because they find it unpleasant. Drinking=escaping. Not coming home =escaping. Not answering phone call=escaping.

There are ways to ask questions, that are more tactful than you are managing though. Your posts are coming across judgemental and accusatory and now you've pretty much said he's trying to escape from her in this latest. If you have been in this situation, or something similar surely you can empathise to the point where you don't over simplify the situation to the point of insensitivity.

I agree, it sounds like he's 'running away', BUT removing himself from his family deliberately or accidentally doesn't equate to they being the ones or thing he's running away from. People do strange things, unintentionally and willfully when they're not thinking straight - be it mental illness, drugs, drink - they all take an unpredicatable toll and judging him and the OP by your tactless posts isn't helping anyone.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options

You need to stress the fact that he's suicidal, not just missing.
  • scotslass
    Options

Police officers are a disgrace sometimes! Im glad you will have your SIL by your side you need support, keep us updated I really hope he turns up soon xxxxxxx
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry love. Go outside once your SIL get there and look for him. Make sure to call home just in case he gets back home. Also, keep calling the police and make sure they havent forgotten about you
  • twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

You need to stress the fact that he's suicidal, not just missing.

She's right, you need to stress that he's suicidal and they should be able to do a cell phone trace since he is at risk...don't let that one officer get to you...I'm so sorry you just had that experience
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Please keep yourself safe too as you go out searching.
This discussion has been closed.