Question about men

Options
I am just curious. Why do men try to act "hard" in front of their friends about relationships but then act lovey-dovey and sweet to your face?

I have asked a friend this same question and her response was "that's jus thow men are..".

Does it make a man feel better about himself to not admit that he's sweet, loving and actually does think about his significant other?

I am just curious in general about this. Men act like females are confusing, and we are..but, men can be, too! For me anyways!

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Men dont act like that, boys do.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    haha sounds like the question, why dont I smile in my pictures? There is a certain expectation men have for other men, including society. It is a shark eat shark world for men. Once there is a hint of being soft other men take advantage of that and use it against you.

However I must caveat that by stating when you get to a certain age you just dont care anymore about what others think about you (to an extent)
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Bingo!
  • witheredorchid
    witheredorchid Posts: 164 Member
    Options

This.

My ex was always sweet to me no matter who we were with or what we were doing.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Not all of them are like that. If anything, mine's more lovey dovey in front of His friends to let them know He's happy. : ))
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options

+1
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Hit the nail on the head.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options

He got it.
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options

i love that. my boyfriends when i was young were like that and then I met my husband who is never like that. I knew he was a man. Mine is always going on with sweetness about me and the kids.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat that.
    We act like fools, because it's just in our nature.
    Love us ANYWAY:drinker:
  • bellavie23
    bellavie23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I completely agree with this. If you want the girl that much, you shouldn't be ashamed to ensure everybody knows you care for her, because if you won't there is always someone out there that would love to brag about the girl being his. :/ Just saying, not a man, but any guy should know this, but as the PP just said, boys enjoy doing this, men however, have no shame in acting one way all day long.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Yes, it makes small men feel better about themselves.
  • Men dont act like that, boys do.

Hit the nail on the head.

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Again, Spice Girls bear relevance here: "I want a man, not a boy who thinks he can."
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Insane amounts of immaturity. Still have the high school alpha male captain of the football team mentality.

Here's another question...why do a lot of girls go for that type of guy? even though most of them complain about the way they act anyway
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Girl, you nailed my question on the head ... and the subsequent posters nailed the answer.

Now: Wait for the boy to grow up or cut losses and run??
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    I agree with the comment everyone likes.

Thanks! :)
  • nohusuro
    Options
    What you'll generally find is that the ones with more testosterone are the ones who generally act "less sweet" and lovey-dovey when you are with his friends.

The reason generally comes down to our hormones, believe it or not, even in this modern day (kinda) civilized world, our primitive side still takes a large front seat when it comes to asserting dominance and rank amongst peers.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the common response. Many PEOPLE (predominantly men but not just men) don't open up emotionally except to their partner. They have their public persona and they have their softer persona. Nothing wrong with that. So they might have a bit of a tough front that gets them through the day, that doesn't mean they can't crumple in a heap on the couch with their partner at the end of it.
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    Girl, you nailed my question on the head ... and the subsequent posters nailed the answer.

Now: Wait for the boy to grow up or cut losses and run??

Exactly! LOL That's exactly what I'm wondering. I mean, he is extremely precious. He is sweet to me in front of people. Don't get me wrong. But, I do know that when I'm not around and depending on the subject..he acts like he is hard and doesn't go to the levels he does for me. He doesn't lie about how he is but in my opinion, he needs to tell his friends how he is towards me and teach them how to be. Just saying. :)

I won't run. I love this "boy" as others are putting it. He just needs to man up.