Question about men

Options

Replies

• gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    They think it makes them sound weak. Would you really want your man to tell all his friends he is gushy mushy to you. I'm not sure I would want my man to do that. As long as they treat you right I wouldn't worry about it.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Men dont act like that, boys do.

My husband even before we were married never acted like that he gets ribbed on all the time from his single guy friends but he still stands up for me and has ot problem with telling me or showing me that I am important when around his guy friends.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I love this answer. So true.
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    I disagree with the common response. Many PEOPLE (predominantly men but not just men) don't open up emotionally except to their partner. They have their public persona and they have their softer persona. Nothing wrong with that. So they might have a bit of a tough front that gets them through the day, that doesn't mean they can't crumple in a heap on the couch with their partner at the end of it.

Awesome answer! This is how I like to think. I know my man is a man. If not, he wouldn't be sweet and loving to me at the end of the day. I guess if it makes him feel better to act "hard" in front of his buddies, then so be it. Just as long as he comes home to me and leaves that attitude out the door. I'm happy. I know he loves me and cares for me. He doesn't deny it in front of friends. But, he doesn't talk about it, either.

Suppose I should just let him be a man and get it out of his system with his friends.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

^^^ THIS
  • Tribix
    Tribix Posts: 12
    Options
    They don't want to expose themselves to an opportunity to take *kitten* from another guy
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options

^Yup. My husband is not this boy. He's a caring, compassionate man who let's his friend's know that his family comes first.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ Though most never grow up so there you have it!
  • I1ahunt
    Options

insecure litle boys at that
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree with what they said, men don't do that just boys!!!
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    Because women like an alpha male. He's confident, manly ( at least I hope), he has some sort of charisma, and theres just something about an alpha male that is attractive. The only problem with that is most of the time he's also a jerk. I would know I fall for these types. I fall for them because honestly I am an independant woman and mostly I can take what people throw at me and throw it back. I need a man to be able to do the same thing and not be threatened. But no matter what no one wants a jerk
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the man and his friends

Mine has taken our 2 children out for lunch and cinema along with his friend who has his 4 children with him - 2 x guys and 6 x children

I dont think they will have much time to worry about being macho - LOL
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    *sudders to actually say this* To quote Avril Lavigne...

I like, you the way you are
    When we're drivin' in your car
    And you're, talkin' to me one on one
    But you become

Somebody else
    'Round everyone else
    Your watchin' your back
    Like you can't relax
    You tryin' to be cool
    You look like a fool to me

I would say the same to Avril Lavgine as i'm saying to you. He is doing that because he is a ****. If he isn't proud to be with you then he isn't worth knowing.
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Exactly.

I think you get the picture... I have dated "boys" but I married a "MAN"!!
  • timkdodson
    Options
    Cuz They're MEN men MANLY men MEN IN TIIIIIGHTS!!!
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options

^^^^^^This! Once they are mature enough to know how to handle themselves in a relationship, it stops.
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Girl, you nailed my question on the head ... and the subsequent posters nailed the answer.

Now: Wait for the boy to grow up or cut losses and run??

Exactly! LOL That's exactly what I'm wondering. I mean, he is extremely precious. He is sweet to me in front of people. Don't get me wrong. But, I do know that when I'm not around and depending on the subject..he acts like he is hard and doesn't go to the levels he does for me. He doesn't lie about how he is but in my opinion, he needs to tell his friends how he is towards me and teach them how to be. Just saying. :)

I won't run. I love this "boy" as others are putting it. He just needs to man up.

The guy I'm seeing now uses "being a man" as an excuse to run his mouth about all kinds of stuff to his friends. If they knew what a ridiculous cuddle freak he was, he'd lose all "cred". I guess it's up to us individual girlies to figure out what we'll put up with... but just rest assured you are not alone in this boat!
  • NoriDupuis
    NoriDupuis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    agreed
    if a Man is a man and not a scared little child he can admit how he realy feels infront of his friends and in public places
    if he cant be affectnet in front of his friends and in public then he is ether being a child and u should not give him the time of day or he dose not have the same feelings and you should not give him he time of day! :p
  • NoriDupuis
    NoriDupuis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    tight tights. running around the wood looks for fights. giggle love that movie
  • kk0223
    kk0223 Posts: 179
    Options
    They think it makes them sound weak. Would you really want your man to tell all his friends he is gushy mushy to you. I'm not sure I would want my man to do that. As long as they treat you right I wouldn't worry about it.

This is just what I said to someone else. This is how I feel in reality. I just wanted opinions! :)