What are your weird eating habits?

Options

Replies

• dragynyss
    Options
    Peanut Butter always tastes better straight out of the jar.

Mostly my weird habits are around stuff I don't like. If I don't like it, it doesn't enter the kitchen and will never touch my plate. Life is too short to deal with yucky stuff like onions, fish, or green beans.

I have food rules too:
    If one cooks pork chops, there must be applesauce available. (tough on a low-carb diet but the rule stands)
    If one has tomato soup, there must be crackers and grilled cheese with it.
    If one has roasted turkey, there must be cranberries (or I've also come to love lingonberries)
    If one has jelly or jam, it must not have seeds in it.

There are a few more of these... most don't come into play while I'm dieting but if I'm controling the kitchen these are the rules. :-)
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I put honey on my grilled cheese. Although I haven't had a grilled cheese sandwich in a while. My dad does this. So tasty. Also, about the diagonal sandwiches...I always cut my sandwiches vertically, EXCEPT for grilled cheese which I cut diagonally. I think that was just the way my mother did it when I was little and I followed along!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I actually believe that a sandwich tastes better when cut diagonally instead of across. Therefore, all my sandwiches must be cut accordingly :laugh:

my sister does this.... she thinks its "fancier".
    Therefore, all her sandwiches according to big brother rules... straight across... then call her stupid if she complains. lol
  • sara819
    sara819 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I eat the toppings first and put the sprinkle parmesan chees just on the crust under the toppings. I dunno why, just always have.

I do this too! Have done it all my life. The first time I eat pizza with people they always look at my like I'm the biggest weirdo they've ever met!
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat pie backwards...crust first! I think that's the only strange thing someone's pointed out to me.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in layers. Burgers, Tacos, Ect, they all get taken apart and eaten piece by piece, saving the best for last.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I LIKE EVERYTHING HARD.....CANDY BAR IN THE FREEZER, ENGLISH MUFFINS TOASTED TWICE IN THE TOASTER, MARSHMALLOW PEEPS THAT ARE MONTHS OLD, MARSHMALLOWS MELTED IN THE MICROWAVE TOO LONG....THEY GET SUPER CRUNCHY AN YOU HAVE TO PEEL THEM OFF THE PLATE.....yum!
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I actually believe that a sandwich tastes better when cut diagonally instead of across. Therefore, all my sandwiches must be cut accordingly :laugh:

so do you feel you can't wrong with a round bun or is it always wrong?

No. That gets cut into 4 small triangles... Oh... you were probably joking....
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    One of mine is that I always save what tastes the best or my favorite part of the dish for last.

Example: If I'm eating a burger and theres a part of it that has every topping in that one bite, I'll eat around it and save that bite for last hahaha That sounds so strange now that I wrote it down.
    Or maybe less strange, if I'm having a burger and sweet potatoe fries I'll eat the fries last because I like them more.

What are your weird habits?

I am the opposite, especially at a restaurant! I hate eating the stuff I don't like as much first, because I will already be full by the time I get to the good stuff and I either a)dont eat it or b)overeat and eat it anyway because it tastes so good. If I eat the best tasting first, and I don't end up finishing the other stuff, it doesn't bother me as much because I am already satisfied.

My son, who is 6 does not let his food touch at all, and prefers different forks for different items on his plate, when I don't let him, he rinses off his fork between different foods if they leave any residue on his fork. His favorite foods are tacos and pepperoni pizza, but he hates taco pizza... And he eats basil straight out of the garden if I don't catch him!

My fiance doesn't use forks... ever. I think thats the weirdest. How can you eat without a fork? I watch him eat steaks with spoons and it still baffles me!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I LIKE EVERYTHING HARD.....

This one is too easy. I'm gonna take the high road.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I LIKE EVERYTHING HARD.....

This one is too easy. I'm gonna take the high road.

are you implying that you like everything soft?

(id take the high road, but I dont like heights)
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    And I don't eat meat off the bone. Too carnivorous for me. :laugh:

Me either! It kinda grosses me out to see people gnaw on ribs and chicken legs. :ohwell:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I don't like when my food "touches"

I have been given 2 separator plates over the years for this reason lol.

My only exception is Holiday dinners, but even then I try to keep everything separate, it just doesn't usually turn out well.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When I put fruit on my cereal, I must have one piece of fruit in each bite of cereal. Not two, just one.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Me either! It kinda grosses me out to see people gnaw on ribs and chicken legs. :ohwell:

the only time it grossed me out is when i watched this guy put 3 whole chicken wings in his mouth, and then pulled the bones out.

on the other hand, i saw a girl do that once and i tried to get her number.... so i donno.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    couple of mine :

i put ketchup on my potato chips and mustard on pretzels.

i heat clif bars for 9 seconds in the microwave to make them taste like a cookie.
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i have a texture issue (or maybe its just in my head) but i have a hard time eating crunchy things in my soft foods. Like if someone puts celery or peppers in a potato/egg salad. Things like that....
  • Time2Live99
    Options
    i have a texture issue (or maybe its just in my head) but i have a hard time eating crunchy things in my soft foods. Like if someone puts celery or peppers in a potato/egg salad. Things like that....

me too! I really have a hard time with onions.. I always hear, why dont you like them? and then get made fun of because i say.. "I just don't like the way they feel in my mouth............"

I can't eat yogurt with chunks of fruit in it either.. it must be the same "texture problem." sounds weird.
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options

the only time it grossed me out is when i watched this guy put 3 whole chicken wings in his mouth, and then pulled the bones out.

on the other hand, i saw a girl do that once and i tried to get her number.... so i donno.

Haha!
  • CanDurkin
    Options
    I like to mix everything all together.

I have to cut everything into tiny pieces first, though :p

If I can't mix everything together, I have to eat everything one at a time.
    I also have to save at least a little drink for the last bite

I'm a mixer as well. I family and friends that look at me like I'm crazy when we sit down to eat. It takes me longer to start eating than everyone else because I have to "prep" my food. Hey it ends up that way anyway!