Just For Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will not stress over the Halloween binge from yesterday. Instead I will focus on the good choices I can make today.

Good for you! Pick yourself up. Dust yourself off. Get back in the game!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I am a woman with a plan and I can do this!!!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that weight loss takes time and I will be patient.
  • kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will get 30 minutes of exercise in. No excuses.
  • kzivic
    Options
    Just for today: I will stick to my plan.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will push through, decide that everything will fall into place and life will get brighter as I take action.
  • KarCrib
    KarCrib Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will say no to my poison. ( Damn you Dill Pickle Chips!)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today I will say no to my poison. ( Damn you Dill Pickle Chips!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Those darn pickles!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: Trust in myself that I will make it through this difficult time.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just For Today: Trust in myself that I will make it through this difficult time.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Sending you flowers and love. I hope things get better soon!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will stick to my plan.
  • cmz311
    cmz311 Posts: 15
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • kzivic
    Options
    Just for today: I will not allow traveling for work to be an excuse to eat poorly.
  • bananabrownie
    Options
    Just for today: I won't beat myself up about my mistakes.
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just for today I'm going to ignore that my belly is not as flat as I want it to be. I will give thanks for what I have accomplished so far and I will enjoy myself as I am.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: One foot in front of the other..
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not spend the day wrapped up in a blankie. I will get up and accomplish something.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just For Today: I will enjoy the sunshine, the world around me and be hopeful with some gratitude sprinkled in as well!

Almost time to roll the page Ladies.. we'll be on Just For Today Pt. 2 :wink: :love:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not spend the day wrapped up in a blankie. I will get up and accomplish something.
    Sending hugs :heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    CricketKate
    Wed 02/15/12 10:12 AM
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 20 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Kate you started out this thread with the above and I wanted to be sure any new folks that drop by get a chance to read it... it's very motivating and insightful! So glad you began this thread for us all xo
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    Sending you flowers and love. I hope things get better soon!
    *****and thank you for this!!
    I didn't see this until now Kate, thank you!!!!!:heart::flowerforyou: