Goal weight for women who are 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• bubsmom10
    Options
    I am 5'0 and I can tell you I have been at all weights my lowest was 98 lbs senior year I have been at 100 lbs, 105 lbs, 112 lbs, 120, 125 my highest I have been was after i had my son I was 169!! And I also have a small frame...and I can tell you the best I have looked was when I was around 112-120!! I looked grossly aneorexic any lower so the best weight for you would be when you look healthy :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" as well... and my goal is to get down to 120... healthy weight is something like 100-130 ish... so I would like to be more in the middle there.. and I know I was at my happiest at around 125....

eta: right now I'm around 173-176 (depending on what scale I use :tongue:)
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well I'm five foot one and I think that 100lbs is a ridiculously low weight for somebody of my height!! In fact I think that'd be a bmi of 19 or so, so it'd be officially underweight.

I was 124lbs when I started my health kick at the beginning of the year. I wanted to lose a few pounds. I had a thirty inch waist. Well, it turns out I've put ON weight and i'm now 126lbs but I look better, my clothes are looser, i'm feeling fit and strong and my waist is getting smaller (slowly but gradually).

I don't feel 'fat', I feel that I am not fashion-slim. But I'd wonder at the wisdom of somebody my height trying to weigh less than 118lbs. Obviously depends on your metabolism and your build, but .......... there are limits.

A BMI of 19 is still within the "normal" range.

No it isn't ! Under 20 is underweight, 20-25 is 'normal'. 26-30 is overweight.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Pretty sure 18.5 is underweight, not 20.
  • twinsmake3
    twinsmake3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2.5" and am aiming for 115lbs. This was my weight 11 years ago when I met DH, and I liked the way I looked then. Because I'm small boned, I didn't look too skinny.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1.5" and I am about 120lbs. Any smaller and I look too gross and boney. I was 163 when I started and never thought even this would be atainable. You need to pick a "SIZE" not a weight. Muscle weighs more than fat, and many other factors play into weight. Do not focus on the scale, focus on how you look!!!! 120 on me may be a totally diff 120 on someone else.....

Keep in mind nobody sees the scale, they see you...so how you look is WAY more important!!!
    I agree with this completely!

Your skeletal structure and muscle mass are a huge factor in your ideal weight. Instead of focusing entirely on a weight goal, pick a clothing size or a set of numbers on the tape measure as your ultimate goal. I'd rather be muscular and weigh 125 than skinny and weigh 110. I'd probably be wearing the same set of clothes, in any event.
  • Maridonna
    Maridonna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    WoW! good for you on your weight loss!! How awesome is that!
    I am 5"1' and am in the best shape of my life thanks to Zumba! I weight 122-125 lbs, and I feel very strong and have lots of energy.
    This site is really helpful for portion control, otherwise I can get myself bloated and it's a horrible feeling.

I do not believe in scales. I believe in eating less- moving more. If people are able to have their BMI measured ( fat vs muscle % in the body) they'll be surprised how much more they weight.

PS I do NOT believe in scales.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Well I'm five foot one and I think that 100lbs is a ridiculously low weight for somebody of my height!! In fact I think that'd be a bmi of 19 or so, so it'd be officially underweight.

I was 124lbs when I started my health kick at the beginning of the year. I wanted to lose a few pounds. I had a thirty inch waist. Well, it turns out I've put ON weight and i'm now 126lbs but I look better, my clothes are looser, i'm feeling fit and strong and my waist is getting smaller (slowly but gradually).

I don't feel 'fat', I feel that I am not fashion-slim. But I'd wonder at the wisdom of somebody my height trying to weigh less than 118lbs. Obviously depends on your metabolism and your build, but .......... there are limits.

Pretty sure 18.5 is underweight, not 20.

Hey, thanks for the link! I'm in normal range :) whoo hoo :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

No: Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    5'2 - GW 123
  • EllainaD
    Options
    I know many have said this, but I used to cycle and run a lot, so I had a lot of muscle. I am all of 5'1 and 3/4 (yes it counts). At that time I looked horrible at 120 or lower (I was 25ish then). I don't consider myself to have a very large frame. I am learning as I get older that the weight isn't as important as being healthy. If I can get back down to 135, I will be happy and I doubt I will ever go below 125 again because it wouldn't look healthy at 38. I weighed 155 this morning and am hope to start running again soon.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Don't remember where i read it....But, I once read that at 5ft one should weight 100lbs, every inch after that is another 5 lbs. So me, for example at 5'3 1/2, I should weigh 117 1/2 ish pounds. I don't really like weighing that low tho, I feel I look best at about 121-125 :) So really it's all what YOU like yourself at!!!

I heard exactly the same thing, and at 5'3", I lived at 115 for quite a few years. It was my perfect weight. Not too low, not too high.
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm 5. 1 and a half. My heavy weight was 147, that was huge on me. At my thinniest I was 111, my friends and relatives thought I was anorexic. So to answer your question my goal is between 120-125 with a BF of at least 19%.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i am 5 foot 3, and i really liked my body at 105!
    4 more pounds to goo
  • acrossthesea_
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 110!
  • hagamivida
    Options
    5'1 and going for 115
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hope to get to 125, but I'd be happy maintaining 127-130
    I have a VERY dramatic hourglass shape, so I don't think I'd be able to be any smaller than 125. My hips, butt, and boobs are just too large!
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    I am 5'2, and my goal is 130-136. It depends on your body type though.
    I am very muscular and can get in a size four at that weight if I am in shape.
    If I am not in shape, I would have to reduce my goal to 120 to fit in a four.
    I looked amazing last time I was at 136. Hoping to see it again in 2012!
    Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I maintained between 118 and 125 in my early 30's. I don't know if this will be a reasonable goal for me now that I am 61, but I'll see!
  • amoeba15
    amoeba15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

You're wrong.

Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9
    Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

• Coleyrole
    Options
    i started at 215, i'm 5'2" at 194 now, but my first goal is 160 and then hopefully down to 130 :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!