Goal weight for women who are 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• PattyMarie218
    Options
    According to BMI if you are 5'1" you should weigh anywhere between 99 and 132lbs. And they wonder why we are all confused! ;)
    I would love to get down to 120, but my last (skinny) weight was about 140, so I am not sure how far I will actually go down. I am 5'1".
  • fuzz_pawz
    Options
    Title pretty much says it all... I am 5'1 1/2 and I started out at 157lbs and am currently down to 143 but still feel like I have a way to go before I will be happy with my weight. I am the mom of 3 small children, age 4 and twins that will be two next month. After I gave birth to my twins I lost weight really quickly and got down to my smallest adult weight of 136. I felt good at that weight but was still not toned like i wanted to be. I eventually stopped watching my weight when I went back to work. With the stress of working full time (12 hour night shifts) and have 3 small children and never getting any sleep the last thing on my mind was eating healthy. So here I am trying again to lose weight and become healthy. I have always been overweight and my highest non pregnancy weight was 190. I never want to get back to that point again so I'm hoping I can lose the weight this time and work on becoming more tone and stay healthy for myself and my family. Sorry for making this so long but wanted to tell you all a little about me.
    If anyone has any before and after pictures they want to share I would love to see them:) if anyone would like to add me as a friend I could definately use support during this journey! :)

You are absolutely my twin!!!

From the medical entries I have read, our ideal weight should be about 135- ish....but remember this does not at all take into consideration your bone structure or density, body structure or anything like that.

I'm 5'2 (and a half...), 144lbs. I fluctuate like crazy, my highest was 159...where I said "NO WAY am I hitting 160". but you know....in all honesty, the rest of me is healthy, good heart, good lungs, good overall health. My "BMI" says I'm overweight....but I don't believe in BMI's at all simply because there are factors it cannot calculate. It's an estimate, and EVERYONE feels good at a certain point....what I feel is a good weight for me, might not be for you or other people.
    Besides, just because you look thin on the outside, doesn't mean you're healthy on the inside...if you eat crappy food and don't take care of yourself, right?

For our stature, I personally think anywhere from 135 to 140 is perfect :)
  • bingham1
    bingham1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I'm currently 229, working my way down to 150. Which is what I was when I graduated high school. I'm a thicker made woman, with thighs and a butt even as a teenager when I was always so thin. With the way I carry weight and my bone structure I think I would look very ill at anything less than 130.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That's interesting that the band of what is considered normal is different in America. In my neck of the woods, 18.5 is definitely underweight and I'm not "wrong". I'm 'foreign'. ;-)
  • MaddoxsMommy
    MaddoxsMommy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but I have HIPS and a BUTT. I feel great at 125 to 130.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 or 5'1.5" and my long-term goal is 120-125 lbs. I don't know what weight I'm most comfortable at because I have ALWAYS been overweight. At my highest I was at 223-225 lbs and I am at 186 lbs! Anyway, here is a reputable site that might help answering some questions:

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/WeightManagement/BodyMassIndex/Frequently-Asked-Questions-about-BMI_UCM_307892_Article.jsp

Hope this helps!
  • Minkyboodle86
    Minkyboodle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When you look and feel great you've reached the right weight.
  • emhargs
    emhargs Posts: 63
    Options
    I am 5"2 and am 123lbs. I'd like to be around 116lbs, but truth be told - I am now less concerned with what the scales say, and I will be happy when I lose my final bit of belly fat and slight fat on my hips. It doesn't matter what the scales say, when I lose that bit of fat, I will be strutting in a bikini like Beyonce.
  • nattielove
    nattielove Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5"2 .. I'm about 63kg (138.6lb). Aiming to get down to 58kg (127.6lb) in the long term - by the end of the year (when I'm back home I can focus more on this). Short term (I'm travelling until October), I hope to get down to 60 and maintain that while on my travels. God help me when I'm in Italy!
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    I'm 5'2" on a tall day, and I set my goal for 125. I've been as small as 128 before, and people told me I was "skinny" though I think I actually looked "normal" in clothes. I was still pretty flabby then and could have lost more fat. So I'm going to aim for 125 and revise if needed when I get close. I'm also hoping to work up to building muscle, so I won't be "skinnyfat" like I was before. I'd rather be a slim, muscular 125 or more than a skinny but still flabby 100 - and I don't think I'll have any idea what weight is "best" for me until I get there.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2", started MFP at 130lbs, first goal was 115, second 110, I'm currently 114 but even though I have been doing a number of exercise classes I'm not toned therefore I don't look skinny at all.
    I now aim to get to 105 and believe I still won't look overly thin and ill as many people believe. I have a small frame and every pound shows especially on my legs and bum!
    I am now able to get into all of my uk size 10 jeans and trousers with some a little big depending on the brand but this shows that even at this weight I'm not a skinny size 6 or 8!
    Congratulations to all those who have lost weight, you're all an inspiration...
  • sun_ny
    sun_ny Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, Im between 5'1 and 5'2, I started in January at about 141 pounds and I really hated the way I looked, my goal has always been to get to 110 pounds. Im now at 121 pounds and am considering changing my goal to 115 pounds with a bigger focus on toning and exercise to get the body I want. I was 110 pounds when i was 19 and thinking back although i looked good i had no boobs and being that weight made me look really young, so i will see how i look when i get to 115, an average look with a flat stomach would make me happy to be honest!. Good luck everyone and feel free to add me, its a great motivator to have friends in a similar height range
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    c
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5"2 and am 123lbs. I'd like to be around 116lbs, but truth be told - I am now less concerned with what the scales say, and I will be happy when I lose my final bit of belly fat and slight fat on my hips. It doesn't matter what the scales say, when I lose that bit of fat, I will be strutting in a bikini like Beyonce.

this!

i am 5'2, weigh 117-119, although i am not toned AT ALL....
    i really don't care what i weigh at the end, but i would like to fit comfortably in a size 2/4
    and be able to rock a bikini!
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" cw is 130, gw is 120, ugw is 112. Started at 140. I am a s/m frame and currently have a higher body fat % so I wear a size 8 since I gain weight in my tummy.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal is 132, but I'm happy if my weight stays around 135.
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I weigh 150 pounds. My starting weight was 180 pounds January, 2012 and my goal weight is 140, but I want to lose down to 135 pounds. I am 66 years old. I would love to get in a size 12 dress!!:smile:
  • Meganisaface
    Meganisaface Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". My goal weight is 125, which I have been before (My lowest weight) I was very content with that and a size 5 pants fit me perfectly. I'm paying more attention to pants size than weight though. My goal size being 5. But getting healthy and fit enough to participate in a 5k is my main goal. Good luck!
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Don't remember where i read it....But, I once read that at 5ft one should weight 100lbs, every inch after that is another 5 lbs. So me, for example at 5'3 1/2, I should weigh 117 1/2 ish pounds. I don't really like weighing that low tho, I feel I look best at about 121-125 :) So really it's all what YOU like yourself at!!!
    Good luck on your journey!

What she said. I am 5 13/4. so about 108 ish. I have weighed 114 before and I felt weak. My goal is 110 but if I look and feel good with enough muscle mass at 125 I'll stop
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 1.75 in. My original goal was 115. A friend suggested 110 so I went to 110 and looked great. I am now at 106 and feel that looks best on me. I think once you get the unhealthy weight off your fine then you can tweak until you feel you look best as long as your not unhealthy thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!