Goal weight for women who are 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• ecschultz09
    ecschultz09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your ideal weight is 115 according to many websites. I am 5'2" and weigh less than 100lbs after losing over 30. It is very hard to gain it back and can tell you that weighing this little prevents me from doing some day to day activities. Do not go less than 110 based on my personal experience!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm just over that height, 5'3", and I'm aiming for 135, I set that weight because it put my bmi in normal range
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal is to weigh 115... I'm currently 140.2. I started off here at 152. Feel free to add me here (and anyone else!) if you want the added support :happy:
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Don't remember where i read it....But, I once read that at 5ft one should weight 100lbs, every inch after that is another 5 lbs. So me, for example at 5'3 1/2, I should weigh 117 1/2 ish pounds. I don't really like weighing that low tho, I feel I look best at about 121-125 :) So really it's all what YOU like yourself at!!!

I heard exactly the same thing, and at 5'3", I lived at 115 for quite a few years. It was my perfect weight. Not too low, not too high.

I've also heard that too... But I don't think that takes into consideration people's frame size. That would be well and good for people with small frame, but I'm 5'1" and 105 would look pretty bad on me when I've got hips. I think 115 will look just fine on me, and that puts me in the "healthy" range for my height and BMI :happy:
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I'm five foot 2 and 3/4. I weigh between 114-117 during the week - it's constantly fluctuating and I don't really care. I have not changed weight much (only lost about 10 lbs - highest weight 125) but am now more of an "athletic build" than before when I was in high school (108 average senior year).
  • Catherinekiss
    Catherinekiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, and i think i look better somewhere around 135-140. When i was anorexic in high school i weighed 107 and it looked disgusting (mainly because what I was doing to be that way, and that i have a large hips) I like to think i have a medium frame and i feel that it doesn't matter what you weigh as long as it makes you happy. I have a few pounds to go and I am back to my goal of 135! Congrats on the start of a healthy lifestyle!

<3
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    5ft2 ish and goal of 110
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    SW - 215lbs
    CW - 218lbs (yeah I am sad too.)
    GW - 150 lbs - LEAN
  • Ambercita12
    Options
    I am 5'2 and have never weighed 100lbs. I have worked out my entire life and been fit, but I have a large body frame. In college I was exercising close to 2 hours a day plus doing a lot of walking. I was also eating next to nothing (couldn't afford anything :). I never got below 125. My dream weight would be to get back there, but my goal weight is 135. You need to look at your body frame to decide where a healthy weight for you would be.

If you go to most places to calculate a healthy BMI, a 5'2 should be between 101 lbs and 136 lbs. So it depends on whether you want your weight to be healthy and maintainable or if you just want to be skinny.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3. I currently weigh 129 and am at 16% BF. I am comfortable with my weight at this point. I allow a 3-5lb flux. Slowly working on lowering my body fat rather then focusing on the number on the scale. Everyone is different, but good luck on your journey.
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'2 and I would like to be between 125 and 130. For me though it's more about being happy in my own skin and I like having boobs ;) If I lose much more than that they will be lacking. lol
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    5"2 here and I have a medium build. I have 2 kids and I would gain some with each pregnency then lose half of the preganacy weight then one year I just let it overwhelm me and hit 162lbs. My lowest weight was 104lbs in HS and this was just to low (made me dizzy, sick and started having anxiety attacks). Then I started strength training and eating better and healthy weight ended up being 110-115 for me (a size 2-4). That said I am after healthy and strong so if it feels right I could do to 120lbs. Even though it is only 27lbs away now the last 20 lbs have been the hardest for me to lose and has had me yoyo-ing between 133-138 for months. Anyway- I agree that it depends on your build- according to BMI for a small build it is possible to be 100lbs and healthy but that was not true for me. Fact of the matter is you will know because being to low in weight will start to hurt your body inside and out- it can have horrible effects on your heart too. If you listen to your body you will know what is just right for you. Good Luck!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and have never weighed 100lbs. I have worked out my entire life and been fit, but I have a large body frame. In college I was exercising close to 2 hours a day plus doing a lot of walking. I was also eating next to nothing (couldn't afford anything :). I never got below 125. My dream weight would be to get back there, but my goal weight is 135. You need to look at your body frame to decide where a healthy weight for you would be.

If you go to most places to calculate a healthy BMI, a 5'2 should be between 101 lbs and 136 lbs. So it depends on whether you want your weight to be healthy and maintainable or if you just want to be skinny.

The last time I weighed 100 pounds was when I was in the 7th grade... :laugh:
  • MrsBraxton08
    MrsBraxton08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I know everyone carries their weight differently but I was just curious as to what others goals were. I definately think I would look wayy to thin if I went below 115 even though I would prefer to stay around 125-130 but with more muscle and less fat :) I carry my weight pretty well I think and would post pics but not sure how to from my phone. I carry my weight mainly in my hips and butt and those are my areas that I want to work on the most.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft but very curvy - typical apple shape.

my GW is 94.6 lb's but i want to be lean and toned rather than skinny.

i'm 105.6 at the moment and always amazed at how 'Big' I am for the relatively small amount in weight. muscle may weigh more but fat makes you look MUCH larger.
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm just a smidge under 5'2 and weigh around 126-128. I did weigh like 124 for a little bit but that was during the summer when I was eating 1200 calories a day and running six miles every morning. It was so hard to maintain! I feel like I looked really good back then though. Actually I'm OK with my weight now, I'd just like to make my tummy flat. But I don't think that's possible with the weight I am at now (I already workout for at least an hour every day)... So I guess my ideal weight is around 115. :)
  • sallytx
    sallytx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also go by the 100 lbs for 5'0 and 5 lbs for every inch over that...i am 5'1 and my goal is 105....even at 110 I can see this weight is wrong for me...based on the slight rolls of fat i see...
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Don't remember where i read it....But, I once read that at 5ft one should weight 100lbs, every inch after that is another 5 lbs. So me, for example at 5'3 1/2, I should weigh 117 1/2 ish pounds. I don't really like weighing that low tho, I feel I look best at about 121-125 :) So really it's all what YOU like yourself at!!!
    Good luck on your journey!

Who wrote that!? hugh heffernan? Anna Wintour! ;-)

My BMI said I should weigh between 94-125lbs. Personally, I would NEVER want to be that little! I feel like I would look like a crackhead! I was 253, now 215 and my personal goal is 150. My weight is carried in my breast as I am a GG, and my thighs. When I tell people I weigh 215 they never belive it because of they way I am built. Honestly, It depends on what you deem fit and your body type. Right now I'm a size 12/L and I would like to rest at 8 or 6/M. I've been that size before and look awesome. Point is, everyone carries weight differently.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and Im 5ft
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    i'm a larger frame and more muscular so i'm going for 145lbs at 5'3".....i'm 171 right now and can fit into size 8 jeans....just depends on you're body type too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!