What crowd were u w/ in school :-? Jock, punk, misfit, nerd?

Options

Replies

• mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I was the athletic nerd! It was all about track and field and my classes. I was also the one who got along with the principle, counselors, security guards everyone. They bought me food everyday and I was always able to go off campus when I wanted to all four years of high school. So I was the athletic nerd who only hung around a very small crowd but was known as the (my last name) kid" My brothers and I were known as the "good athletic nerds"
  • Tranquil_Miche
    Options
    I hung with the "smokers/stoners" (head bangers) or sometimes the "hicks" (ranchers). I had friends of all sorts, but felt most comfortable with either of those crowds. I did get into a lot of mischievous activities in high school though. I skipped school, skipped out on detentions- which I had every day, and climbed out of the window after role call to hang out with friends. I always brought home good grades and was in honors, so my parents were none the wiser. Except one time, a teacher called home after I had taped the chairs to a lab table in a science class. Good times...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am not a jar, I don't need a label...lol

For the most part I was part of the 'cool' crowd...you know, the group where all the drama happens and people just suddenly start hating you one day because you did something completely 'uncool' like look at them funny...haha.

I am one of the people that is super shy, kind of keep to myself, but am able to get a long with anyone. I was just lucky that everyone seemed to like me (again, I am a people pleaser) and I was able to avoid most of the drama...but I preferred hanging otu with the so called 'nerds' in my spare time anyways. 'Nerds' were just so much more down to earth and I could really let loose and be myself... Of course, I didn't tell the 'cool' kids about my weekend friends...so I guess that makes me just as bad.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is a weird one for me. I am the same person in H.S. as I am today. I never place people in certain class or groups. I literally was friends with the Jocks, the nerds, the misfits (no punk as I lived in Brooklyn). I always made friends with the popular kids as well as the least popular person. If I saw someone sitting by themselves at the lunch room table I was the first one to sit next to them and say hi.

Granted I did have my own group of friends but they were a mixture of all these groups.

DIVERSITY IS AWESOME!!!
    This makes me sad I don't know most of my wonderful MFPals in real life.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    Band crowd and crew (rowing) crowd. So, generally the kids whose parents were well off and pushed them to do "preppie" activities.
  • bwalters82
    Options
    freshman year - nerd... Oddly enough, I became much more popular once I started a rock band.
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I was first and foremost a Band Geek. (Euphonium and Tuba. Low brass kicks *kitten*.) I was also a drama kid and a kid who just rolled her eyes at everyone else. I found the jock/prep set to be completely insufferable and overly impressed with themselves. I have no issue saying so either. :)
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was a MIX kid... I had friends from all walks of life in high school, band geeks, jocks, druggies, nerds, preppy kids, the dirty ones that didn't even fit in with the misfits, skaters, vocational kids and all. I'm glad that I was able to blend with them all. I made some really good lifetime friends from each group. :flowerforyou:

I was the same way with people I went to high school with, but I never hung out with them out side of school, all my out side of school friends were all older.
  • katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I was the band geek :)
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I guess I would have to be in the Jock category I was very obsessed with Track and Cross Country
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was a floater.
    I was friends with everyone and everyone was friends with me. High school was a great time.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Not sure really what i would have been classed as, lol.

Loved my sport, but didnt obsess about it. Loved my music, mostly metal. Also liked to read....lol. Was also as social as possible, with some people including my wife (who i met in school :P ) referring to me as a friend slut. haha.

I definately wasnt a Jock, nor Nerd. Just an average aussie bloke in school i reckon.
    EDIT. seeing the above post, i was probably (and still am) a floater. I had my main group of 5 or 6 friends, but i got along with everyone, all the time. lol
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hard to say...I went to the "Artsy" high school in town...everyone was pretty chummy with everyone and no one was really into sports. Everyone was an art nerd. I was never able to label myself as anything, but to the kids from other schools, they saw me as a goth-punk.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Definitely nerd. Didn't have many friends, and made good grades and liked to read. I was never really bullied though.
  • alorick
    alorick Posts: 194
    Options
    I was a floater, I was friends with everybody. There were only a few people I just didn't like.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    A weird mix of ravers/punks/and metal kids.
    By senior year though, I was just a nerd by myself.

Now I just hang out with awesome people :D
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I guess I was a nerdy kid as I was very quiet and we were poor and I kept myself to myself, My Mum made my clothes and I kind of stuck out as I wasnt super cool, I wasnt super brainy, but did hang out in the library during lunchtimes. Sort of kept myself to myself as I was so shy...But...in college I was a hippy chick sort of into rock bandsetc!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    A bully :( but I have apologized.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    I was a combination nerd and misfit with a bit of rebel thrown in.... Come to think of it, I still am.
  • sharonucd
    Options
    i was in the popular crowd by association b/c my cousin was a cheerleader and then i became a cheerleader. i also tended to hang out with the exchange students though who would have been considered misfits maybe??