Would you switch gyms if this happened?

Options
13»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I called to cancel and told them why, since I'm out of town I couldn't go cancel in person and had to send them a certified letter so I did. I also left them a review on google reviews since their website doesnt allow reviews, but if someone searches for the gym they will see it on google. I plan on joining a fitness studio in the summer there as I will be there and the studio always listens to what their customers want.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    So I was going to planet fitness and it was great. Loved it. Then it got bought out by some other place and it was generally the same, they just painted the place horrible. Then they neglected the equipment but they've since fixed that. But more recently they have this personal training place running out of the gym. Okay fine. But now the trainers actually approach you trying to sale their services to you. It's rather annoying. Like having a popup ad when working out. I feel like they only approach the people aren't in shape. I'm not obese but I'm still overweight and I feel like I'm being singled out when they don't approach the more fit women nearby.

The whole thing has really changed the atmosphere of the gym and we weren't even notified that this was going to happen. Recently a new planet fitness has opened in town so I'm thinking about canceling at this place and moving there since it cost the same What do you think?

I'd switch. This is the whole reason I quit LA Fitness. Their personal trainers were like stalkers!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I would speak with management and then send a letter. If they don't rectify the situation, then I would switch.

As a business owner, I would like the opportunity to fix my mistakes before losing business. We aren't perfect and we do make them.

But, DAMN, that's an awful mistake to make. Harassing customers like that.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Next time they approach you ask them if they've found Jesus. That's guaranteed to run them off.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I would switch. I have changed gyms before just because I wasn't comfortable in the atmosphere and found one that I LOVE. You gotta be comfortable in your gym, to me it's like a sacred space!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    So I was going to planet fitness and it was great. Loved it. Then it got bought out by some other place and it was generally the same, they just painted the place horrible. Then they neglected the equipment but they've since fixed that. But more recently they have this personal training place running out of the gym. Okay fine. But now the trainers actually approach you trying to sale their services to you. It's rather annoying. Like having a popup ad when working out. I feel like they only approach the people aren't in shape. I'm not obese but I'm still overweight and I feel like I'm being singled out when they don't approach the more fit women nearby.

The whole thing has really changed the atmosphere of the gym and we weren't even notified that this was going to happen. Recently a new planet fitness has opened in town so I'm thinking about canceling at this place and moving there since it cost the same What do you think?

I'd have the trainer watch me do a max effort deadlift and then tell him to go away, don't need your help. LOL! Yes, if you can get out of your contract go, run, run fast. Although I heard Planet Fitness wasn't all that great either. Somebody told me you can't deadlift or do olympic lifting there.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Ditch the gym and liberate yourself. I worked out more frequently and with much greater intensity once I freed myself from these ghastly places.

I have literally the opposite experience. When I didn't have a gym membership it was SO easy to find about 28374927384 excuses not to work out. Plus I get distracted easily :)

Now that I know I'm paying for a gym membership every month, I sure as hell get my *kitten* there and get in a really good hard workout! Different strokes :)
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    Have the words NO SOLICITING ironed on to the backside of your pants. :laugh: