What's your favorite exercise?

Options

Replies

• bodycombat, lots of kicks and punches. It's my stress relief and i also burn about 600 calories, i like working legs to.
  • MommyofTwinies31
    MommyofTwinies31 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire :)
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    kickbox!! I never look at the time because its soo much fun, especially when you are in a bad mood, you can punch out the anger and you feel so much better
  • amandamickey
    Options
    Interval training (mix of aerobic and strength training) - burns fat more than anything else I have personally tried. And ladies, don't be afraid of lifting weights - they are our friends!
  • mattone0
    Options
    gotta be mountain biking for me, try and get out at least twice a week
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I don't have a favorite yet, I hate them all equally..... Everyone I seem to do makes me miserably sore and out of breath... when I get more in shape though I know I will find some I enjoy
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Chest Press and Running on the treadmill : ))
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    absolutely love zumba cause to me it is like dancing.....I also love yoga for the fact it keeps me limber and keeps me calm and feeling in control!
  • mattone0
    Options
    what are burpees?
  • jtcc91
    jtcc91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Definitely walking, and absolutely outdoor walking! I do have a treadmill that I use when I don't have time for anything else. I just love to put my "workout" playlist on, put the earphones in, and hit the road!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    squats, perfect exercise. I feel the effects three days later every time. Perfect motivation to remember to eat correctly when legs hurt!

Squats have never been an exercise that bothers me even with weights I don't know why ... Lunges though dear God I hate them!!!!!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    for me it's got to be walking also, i'll walk where ever when the weather's right. :smile:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    DAncing! just wished it burned more calories!! haha
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    squats, perfect exercise. I feel the effects three days later every time. Perfect motivation to remember to eat correctly when legs hurt!

Squats have never been an exercise that bothers me even with weights I don't know why ... Lunges though dear God I hate them!!!!!

then you increase the weight :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I love ab exercises and those that strengthen my lower back (I injured my back when I was 19 and have herniated discs so I have to work hard to keep the muscles in that area strong).

My absolute favorite are Pelvic Lifts:
    laina%202.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuGRBcFgzk

I usually hold a 10 pound weight on my pelvis while I raise it. I do 2 sets of 10, then hold it up for 30 seconds, then repeat until I've done about 100 of them and 5 sets of holding them up.

I do this several times a week.

(as a side note, I like most kinds of exercise, especially Zumba and lots of strength training, except I don't like the Dreadmill and Helliptical, although I use them sometimes anyway)
  • Hilary75
    Hilary75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    running and yoga and i'd like to try zumba. i heard from a friend that the first time she took a zumba class she felt like she was in the middle of flash mob and didn't know the moves but she's been doing it and loves it. i'll have to give it a try.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    DAncing! just wished it burned more calories!! haha

Try a different kind of dance!
  • gildinha
    gildinha Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For me it's walking, plain and simple. I'm happy that I CAN walk around again. And I love the feeling of sore calves and tight thighs the next day!
    That being said...it's winter so I haven't been exercising because if it's not -30 outside it's pouring rain or snowing. I need to find other things to do when the weather is being mean to me. What's your favorite?

I love walking too :) but I actually walk at home! You should check out Leslie Sansone, WalkAtHome dvds ;)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    In the summer - Cycling
    Winter - Rope Skipping
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing is my favorite, beyond a doubt. I also like elliptical and lifting weights.