Options

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    zumba...but I'm really starting to enjoy lifting too
  • Templetough
    Options
    Swimming and water aerobics definitely. Anything in the pool really.. low impact and great stress relievers. Plus you cant feel the sweat!
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    Hiking or TurboFire
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Step Aerobics. I know it's not that popular anymore, but it's still my favorite. I did step aerobics today as a matter of fact.
  • healthcareceo
    Options
    Running and the Eliptical. Great for sweating!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Weighted narrow neutral grip pull-ups.

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DX7amolTI8 with either a weighted vest or hanging plates from weight belt.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Walking's my favorite as well. I live in a beautiful neighborhood, with lots of things to see and lots of things that are worth walking to. I esepcially love walking the dogs to the park and letting them socialize with all the other dogs there. I also love walking to/from work because it helps me unwind mentally.

As far as more intense exercises go, I enjoy Bikram yoga a lot. It helps me build strength, balance, and concentration, plus my joints feel like heaven afterward. At home I like to do Kundalini yoga, which is more meditative.
  • cjhamh
    cjhamh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Zumba right now. I look forward to it every week and I'm hoping to be able to add another day of it! I still love doing Tae-boe and the Firm workouts though; I just can't seem to fit them in at home.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Walking and crunches.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Swimming! I don't get to it much because it takes a lot of effort, and it's easier to run or go to my taekwondo class or weight train at home...but I will always be a swimmer at heart. <3
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Kisado interval training! Mixture of agility (basically plyometrics), cardio, strength, bag work, and abs. Everything you want in one workout!
  • Fergie2154
    Options
    what are burpees?

The burpee is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in four steps, and was originally known as a "four-count Burpee":

Begin in a standing position.
    Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. (count 1)
    Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. (count 2)
    Return to the squat position in one quick motion. (count 3)
    Return to an upright standing position. (count 4)

google so you can see some examples or check you tube.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Swimming and water aerobics definitely. Anything in the pool really.. low impact and great stress relievers. Plus you cant feel the sweat!

I'm thinking of taking the water aerobics class at my pool. I'll be the youngest and thinnest person there, for sure, but I get bored with swimming and it always looks like they're having so much fun. Is it much of a workout, though?
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wow, Zumba is hugely popular eh!! Maybe I should check it out lol. My absolute favourite exercise is running. I love love love it!
  • PamelaKeebler
    PamelaKeebler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said Pilates yet. For me, there is absolutely no better feeling than taking an hour long traditional Pilates class. No weights, bands, blocks or other gear. Just you and gravity. It's my favorite workout-induced high.

I also like lifting free weights.

Maybe I just like exercises that make you focus on form and body awareness.... hmm....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Deadlift
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    cybex-arc-trainer-425a.jpg

Cybex machine - I do a complete body workout on it - my abs hate it while I simply love it, lol
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Tai Chi for peace and Jazzercise for energy!
  • Destinie589
    Options
    Les Mills Body Combat, Body Attack, and Body Pump
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    any kind of dancing and trampoline.