Girl Scout cookies

Options
1235»

Replies

• emilybeatrice1
    emilybeatrice1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    thin mints!!!!! ughhhh!!! nooooooooo!!!!
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Samoas and the shortbread cookies are my weakness. Thankfully I don't know any Girl Scouts, or anyone who's kids are Scouts.

Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself, thank you very much.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There isn't a girl scout cookie I don't love. I'm not buying any, but my sister did and I did eat one serving and that's all I allowed myself.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Love the thin mints, my favorite.....
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    ugh, I cannot control myself around Girl Scout Cookies. I placed an order for Thin Mints & Lemon Smiles BEFORE I got serious about my weight loss again. I ate them in 2 days. No more, ever!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Omg GS cookies. *drool*
  • I also bought 1 box of Samoas and 1 box of tagalongs. I went to support our local musical and set the boxes out for my husband and son to have a snack. When I got home there was 1 samoa left. I had 1 cookie from the box. I guess I should look at the bright side, they are not attaching to my waistline!
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Thin Mints are some evil biotches - put em in the freezer and then eat a whole sleeve in one sitting- evil biotches I say!

LMAO Yes they are EVIL! I purchased (2) Thin Mints & (1) Do-si-dos. I gave a box of thin mints away but I am freezing the other 2 boxes. I gave up sweets for Lent...my saving grace for Girl Scout cookies LOL
  • thevickens
    Options
    I ordered Thanks-a-Lot (crunchy shortbread with one side dipped in chocolate ) before i started myfitnesspal so i HAVE to eat them. I'm not as brave as you others.So I have one a day and work off the 75 calories at the YMCA.It's worth the 10 extra minutes on the eliptical
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    just bought a box of their lemonade cookies and their chocolate covered peanut butter, yum! :wink:

of course they were for the hubby and my oldest, buuut I had to get a taste he he
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am proud to report that I have knocked out an ENTIRE box pretty much daily. I did a package of Thanks A Lots, a box of Shoutouts, and I did a box of Lemonades today. Lemonades are my FAVORITE and seriously the best cookie I've ever eaten! I have 2 boxes of them left and I have told local girl scouts I will shoot them if they even look at me. It is hard to gain weight quickly, but I swear I have eaten 3500+ cals over MAINTENANCE this week. I can't even sigh if I weigh more at my next weigh in.
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I may or may not have purchased 6 boxes today. 3 thin mints, 2 samoas, and 1 savannah smiles. This is all for research purposes... cough... I will figure out good homemade recipes that actually taste dead on soon. I am determined. Even if it means buying 6 more boxes.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I am also a fellow Samoa lover! Here's a recipe for a lighter version of somoas that my great friend sent me from Shape magazine this month. I haven't tried them yet but they sound yummy and they are way less calories than the original! Thanks to my friend and Shape magazine for sharing!!

1/2 c. sweetened coconut
    24 reduced-fat Nilla wafers
    Parchment paper
    12 chewy caramels
    1/4 c. skim milk
    1 oz. dark or semisweet chocolate chips (3Tbsp)

Heat oven to 300 degrees. On a baking sheet, toast coconut, turning every 5 minutes, until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set wafers on top. In a bowl, microwave caramels and milk on high, stirring often, until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. With a spatula, fold coconut into caramel mixture. Spread 1 Tbsp mixture onto each wafer. Let cookies cool 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate, stirring often, until melted,1 to 2 minutes. Transfer into a small resealable bag; snip off corner. Drizzle cookies with chocolate; let cool.

Makes 24 cookies

Per cookie:
    52 Calories, 2g fat (1g saturated), 8g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g protein
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dos-i dos, samoas and caramel cookies used to be my downfall BUT i recently got diagnosed with gluten intolerances so, there goes that :brokenheart:
  • betholiver
    Options
    My husband came with 5 boxes of it. I try to control with one or at most two, they are too caloric. But they are delicious!