How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Ever since I got a scale, I have been weighing everyday. I really would like to weight once a week but it is just so hard.

Replies

• Ness8411
    Options
    thank you ! same here i'm addicted
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Every day....Sometimes a couple times a day.....

I broke that habit today though.....I am only weighing once a day and in the morning before breakfast like your suppose too :drinker:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    most days.
  • Ness8411
    Options
    weighing my self before dinner helps me determine what to eat LOL
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's hard--- but only once a week. I used to weigh everyday, (OK, sometimes twice) but I found that the fluctuations were defeating. Once a week gives you a better overall assesment of where you're at.
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    I have found I am most successful when I weigh everyday in the morning. It keeps me accountable. I always tell myself if I have a day I haven't done as well as I like, that just as long as the scale doesn't go up, it is okay. If I don't weight myself everyday, I find if I have a day I have done well, it might end being two or three and then very quickly I am up 3 pounds on the scale.
  • MallRatMeg
    Options
    Every Sunday morning!! :)
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Once a day. I like to see the trends and how what I eat affects my body weight -- I find it interesting.
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I see more result from measuring myself though. The weight lies! :P
  • LauraCR1990
    LauraCR1990 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    once a week :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    ....it used to be weekly...but now I am totally addicted and do it almost daily. I love seeing the scale on a downward spiral! woo hoo...lol
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning so I can be aware of how my eating habits affect my weight....and I'm more likely to stick to my diet if I see even the tiniest loss every day
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    my house isnt exactly level. the most level part of my house is my living room... so thats where my scale lives... in the middle of my living room.... so therefore, i hop on the damn thing every day.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the scale. i weigh myself every morning before showering. Its a habit. I tried to stop but I can't
  • Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Every day but I'm going to try and switch to once a week
  • Ociases
    Ociases Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Everyday too. I can't help myself. I know they say you should only do it once a week but I just can't go more than a day or 2 without stepping on the scale. It's addictive
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself in the morning, every morning. Also, last thing at night. The only thing that stops me is if it is too cold in my house as I don't find it useful to weigh with any clothes on.

I tend to micromanage my eating and weight loss. At my age it doesn't take much of a variation from my "plan" to start putting on weight.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    DITTO
    Once a day. I like to see the trends and how what I eat affects my body weight -- I find it interesting.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    ALL the time. I've tried to quit but I can't. I do it more out of curiosity. Did that water make me weigh more? Did going to the bathroom make me weigh less? It is an addiction.

Now, my new addition is taking measurements everyday. Can't help it. At least, it keeps me from mindless eating.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Every day!!!!!!