Who's interested in a March Challenge?

Replies

• melindenmark
    melindenmark Posts: 279 Member
    im interested, i need motivation to exercise, im doing ok food wise but terrible exercise wise :D
  • pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    I am interested :) I have 10-15 lbs to lose by the middle of April
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Me! for sure.

6 days a week - New - or repeat 30 DS - DVD for the month
    6 days a week on my static bike for at least 20 mins a day
    Lose 3 inches - from anywhere on my body
    Lose Body Fat - according to the scale I use.
    Lose 3lb - this will be an achievement for me at the moment
  • This is perfect timing for me. I've been hovering within 20 pounds of my goal for over a year and I'm fed up with it. I'm exercising at a gym 60 to 75 minutes 3 times a week. I also try to walk during my lunch time at work. I have a desk job so I really need the stress relief and fresh air. Like many others have replied, I struggle at night. I need to find a better way to end my day than sitting in front of the tv eating snacks.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    I could be interested in this. My problem is eating at night. I'm always starving after my intense workouts and work. Even though I eat properly. I gotta break the habit to get out of this plateau.

You should start drinking a protein shake after you work out! I use Dymatize Elite Protein. You can get it any local gym, GNC, or go to www.dymatize.com. It has helped me a LOT!!!
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    I would love to join. I lost a couple of lbs on here a few months before the holidays. I admit to the backsliding. I did. I felt slimmer and thought I was in control. However, I really want to lose atleast 50 lbs before summer. This would be a great boost.
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    I'm interested!! I'm pretty new to actually using MFP so any type of challenge would really help me out!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    I would love to! My birthday is March 30th...and I would LOVE to be losing more weight!!!
  • I'm interested! I was doing so well losing about a 1-1.5 lbs a week now I'm not really losing anything (my own fault). This would be a good morale boost!
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    I am totally interested. I am looking to lose about 80 lbs total. Only lost 3lbs so far. I am also a diabetic so I am trying hard to get off my medication.

I need weekend help. May sound silly, but I think I do ok thru the week, but when Saturday hits its like I have no control.
  • nshannon14
    nshannon14 Posts: 36 Member
    I will join if some other guys do. I don't want to be disturbing a great woman's group.

Another guy here who is interested. Keep me posted if this comes together.
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    I would enjoy a challenge. My main issue is keeping busy. So I get my exercise from the outdoors like shoveling manure; or gardening, or moving bales of hay. I also love my WII. I have just dance and I use it all the time. I like zumba as well. I do have the shred but it kicked my butt last year and I havent picked it up since. Hmmmmmmmmm maybe I should?
  • super_star_27
    super_star_27 Posts: 99 Member
    I would like to join!!! I also trouble with eating at night; I have insomnia so whenever I find myself unable to sleep (which is most nights) I get up, and it's then when i find myself eating for no reason. I don't belong to a gym, although i do exercise at home by running, walking, dancing, hula hooping and strength training. I am looking to improve my eating habits and I'm doing a 1 mile race at the end of March so I would like to get a good time for that (I've never been that good at 1 miles so under 7 minutes maybe??)
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    I could definitely benefit from a challenge! I'm doing okay with my food, but not so much with my exercise. Also, I tend to get caught in a simple carbohydrate (sugar) cycle. I've reached one mini-goal, but that progress is easily lost if I don't increase the burn and cut out the sweets. I'd love to be down 10 or more pounds by the end of March. That is my next mini-goal.
  • SandyChampWins
    SandyChampWins Posts: 133 Member
    Count me in!
  • Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Count me in :)

I just started a week ago with my fitnesspal, but I love it. My goal is to at least workout for about 25 days in March, so almost 6 times a week and loose some inches/centimeters(don't know what you all use ;)). And of course loose some weight as well, but the main goal is to loose inches in my waist, hips and thighs!

Good luck everyone and add me if you want ;)
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    I am in!
  • I am so in!!! I am a 21 mom and soon to be wife. My goal is to be down 10 lbs by the end of march. I don't work out as I don't have a gym membership and no at home work out equipment and it is too cold to run right now. When it warms up I plan to go running a few times a week. :)

You can totally work out at home, you need to get the 30 Day Shred... you can buy it off EBay really cheap and you can use bottles of water instead of weights. If you do this challenge and that video you will meet your goal easier. I can't recommend that video enough :)
  • suse33
    suse33 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm interested. Like others, I eat well during the day then blow it at night time. I need help with resisting snacks in the evening. I currently exercise 3X a week but I have to start running soon. I'm signed up for a 10K in May.
  • I am in!