What was the first excercise video you ever did?

Options

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Richards Simmons! Don't laugh but I enjoyed his workouts!
  • Zoey290
    Options
    Turbo Jam!! Still love it =)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    billy blanks tae bo :-) I was like 17yrs old I ordered it off an infomercial in the middle of the night LOL :-) I still have the dvd sets and still use them!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Cher's Step Video from the 80's or 90's. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Debbie Does Dallas or Behind The Green Door i think.
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The Firm workout with weights, it was the first vcr tape of the series with master instructor Susan Harris in her yellow body suit and leg warmers. It's still one of the best workout that combines cardio with weights. I still have it and use it and it still kicks my butt! They were ahead of the game. The new firm cd's they all sound like stepford wives!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    tae bo ab boot camp
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Way, way, way back in the day my college roommate and I used to work out to Jane Fonda's albums.....Had to follow along with a book!!! Half the time we didn't even know if we were doing the moves correctly.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My first was Kathy Smith's aerobics video with my Mom when I was in high school.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Kathy Smith's 'Ultimate Video Workout'. It originally came out in 1986 or 1987 when I was in high school. My dance teacher actually recommended it to our modern jazz class. It was re-released again at least once, but the choreography and workout clothing is definitely mid-80's at its best.

Around 1990, I started using The Firm. They were one of the first workout series that encouraged women to lift heavier weights if they wanted a strong, feminine physique. I still remember how horrified my mother was when she saw my 20 lb. dumbells! LOL
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The Firm workout with weights, it was the first vcr tape of the series with master instructor Susan Harris in her yellow body suit and leg warmers. It's still one of the best workout that combines cardio with weights. I still have it and use it and it still kicks my butt! They were ahead of the game. The new firm cd's they all sound like stepford wives!

YESSSS! Do you remember how expensive they were - like $49.99 - which is more than exercise videos are, even now. I actually did personal training sessions with Susan Harris a couple times. She is super nice!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I remember Richard Simmons, although he is too irritating for me. I had/have a Jane Fonda. My absolute favorite though is Kathy Smith's Fat Loss Workout. I have had it since the 80's i think and when the VCR tape died i bought the dvd of it. You can tell it is a make over though as the sound doesn't quite match up with the moves.

Still one of my favorites though. I am doing 30 day shred now though and it is a tougher workout.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda!! Leggings and all-LOL I was stylin' :)
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    billy blanks tae bo :-) I was like 17yrs old I ordered it off an infomercial in the middle of the night LOL :-) I still have the dvd sets and still use them!!

Holy crap I just realized that was almost 10 yrs ago.. man now I feel old :-/ lmao
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Pilates Dvd...Pilates for Dummies...Crazy....LOL...and still not good at it!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    something from Jane Fonda ... dont remember what it's called now. This is yeeeaaaarrrsss ago

it was my mom's and i did it for fun back then
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The first one that I remember doing was a step video. Did it in the basement of the house so I didn't bother my parents. I don't remember if anyone famous hosted it, I just remember my parents buying me the video and step together (I was a teen at the time). Not just to help lose weight, but get my legs in good shape for skiing and soccer.

And I do miss skiing and soccer.
  • itwasntme
    itwasntme Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My first was a Kathy Smith video like dancin' to the oldies. I still like Kathy Smith dvd's!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Not a video, but I used to do Denise Austin's daily workouts that were on PBS when I was in junior high. Fun post! :)
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    buns of steel, didnt do much