What was the first excercise video you ever did?

Options

Replies

• bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    probably a richard simmon's dvd lol
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies! I was in junior high and my mom was doing them all the time. I didn't think I needed to lose weight, I just thought they were fun!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It was a Denise Austin one but I don't remember the name of it. That is how I lost all my baby weight from my son 12 years ago. It was only a 20 minute workout but got the job done.
  • soverykarri
    Options
    Anybody remember The Grind? It was a dance show that came on MTV hosted by Eric Nies. The Grind workout video was the first exercise video I did because of the dancing. It was definitely a workout and fun. It got boring once I memorized the entire routine though.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I think it was a Denise Austin work out, maybe aerobics.
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the lady's name but it was an aerobics video my mother used to do when we were little (from the 80s). Sometimes I still find myself chanting in my head..."heel, heel, toe, toe, walk forward.....and back. One more time now.." The tape got used for sure!
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Women at Large! A bunch of plus sized women doing a workout from the late 80's. Would love to find it again, on DVD this time instead of VHS. LOL
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin...didn't last 10 minutes...
  • tlazar17
    tlazar17 Posts: 1
    Options
    Tony Little
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    BUNS OF STEEL 2000
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    :happy: Believe it or not, mine was Cher. Shes so freakin' awesome!!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I remember my sister using Denise Austin videos, and laughing when she told me how Denise said something like "stretch your neck from head to toe!" I'd like to see that!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    BUNSofSTEEL_300sm2008.gif
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. I've never worked out a day in my life before last year and I'd seen all the positive reviews of it here so I gave it a try. Never finished all the way through since I'm horrible with doing things every day and get bored easily, but I still use it when I need to get a quick workout in.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Gilad!

I love Gilad!!. My daughter, who used to do them with me, and I were just talking about Bodies In Motion the other day.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I think mine was a Denise Austin Power Yoga something or other.. lol.
  • tammyopolin
    tammyopolin Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Some Denise Austin video... She was so perky I wanted to kick the TV! LOL

I hated her lol. When I was in 6th grade, my mom used to wake me up at 5 am and make me work out to Denise Austin videos with her.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I can remember back in high school my mom used to have Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies and I used to work out to those. My daughter is only 14 (well she will be on Monday) but she uses my Leslie Sansone WATP's videos. Guess those would be her "firsts." So what was yours?

Sweatin' to the Oldies was my first one, too (Thanks, also, to MY Mom!). The first one I ever picked up for myself was Billy Blanks' Tae Bo (on VHS!).
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    :happy: Believe it or not, mine was Cher. Shes so freakin' awesome!!

Cher has an exercise video? I must look into that.
  • XxJulsSxX
    XxJulsSxX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Urban workout :) It was a dance workout & very tough! I bailed! I've since bought a couple in Dunnes that are way better!! Brilliant results!