Gym bloopers...

Options
1235»

Replies

• m615dan
    Options
    I've dropped my ipod a few times on the elliptical, but the best so far was this one really skinny kid came into the gym and was trying to do pushups, but instead was literally humping the floor. The whole gym was staring at him while he basically kept his arms straight and pelvic thrusted the floor.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    hmm I saw this girl wearing a bit too much make up for the gym( why even wear make up??? beats me ) and she worked out more then she thought she was because her face was all runny and her eyes had that black droop.. However I was a gent and did not laugh.. out loud ( only in my head)

I thought that too until I started working out midway through the day at the gym at school. I didn't put makeup on to go to the gym, but I already had some on.. I do try to wipe a bit of it off before I get to the fitness center though...so that doesn't happen to me

I always bring face wipes to wipe my eye make-up off if I've been anywhere else before the gym. I can deal with looking red-faced and sweaty when I'm working out, but not like Alice Cooper!
  • Massageu2
    Options
    During my first fitness evaluation at the gym, the trainer put me on a treadmill, set the incline to the max and said "I have a conference call, I will be back in a little while". After about 30 minutes and thinking I was about to die, I grabbed my water bottle to take a drink. I forgot I couldn't find the restricter piece that fit into the top of the bottle to control the flow, so when I took a drink I got a big splash in the face and up my nose. I was so out of breath that I couldn't cough it out and couldn't blow it out. I thought I was going to drowned and wondered how they would explain that to the authorities. When the trainer returned he was like "Oh, I didn't think you would still be here". Duh, what did he think I was going to do, walk out on my appointment? He thought the almost drowning was pretty funny though! That afternoon, I purchased new water bottles to take to the gym.
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Bump for review later....
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    hmm I saw this girl wearing a bit too much make up for the gym( why even wear make up??? beats me ) and she worked out more then she thought she was because her face was all runny and her eyes had that black droop.. However I was a gent and did not laugh.. out loud ( only in my head)

I thought that too until I started working out midway through the day at the gym at school. I didn't put makeup on to go to the gym, but I already had some on.. I do try to wipe a bit of it off before I get to the fitness center though...so that doesn't happen to me

I wear waterproof mascara, my biggest concern was actually getting foundation running down my neck and all over my shirt so I grab a wet paper towel in the locker room and wipe as much as I can get off before I go into the fitness center

I always bring face wipes to wipe my eye make-up off if I've been anywhere else before the gym. I can deal with looking red-faced and sweaty when I'm working out, but not like Alice Cooper!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    And just this past weekend I packed my gym clothes so go to the gym after work, got in the packed locker room, changed into gym clothes, only to realize I'd brought two different shoes. And both of them were right feet. I had to pack it all back up and go home in shame.
    [/quote]

I did this a couple months ago - drove to the gym and as I was walking in, looked down and realized I had on 2 different shoes. So back home I went....never made it back to the gym that day....

I've also gotten to the gym before and when I started changing, realized I've left socks or sports bra...something. So I learned my lesson to keep an extra in my gym bag at all times!
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I really enjoy a good, brisk walk with my German shepherd who is really still a big puppy since she's only two years old. She's great on the leash and I thought since she was great at heeling during a fast 4mph pace that she could run by me no problem. Yeah, I really should have thought this through a bit more. We started running at a nice pace and she did great for the first few minutes. Then she saw a small dove on the sidewalk directly in our running path. She took off like a bat out of h***! I had her leash looped through my arm and when she bolted, she utilized all 80 lbs of her weight and yanked me with her and straight to the ground. Thank goodness I had the quick reaction to extend my arms in a defensive move to catch my fall or I'd have been toothless and my face would have had an intimate encounter with the concrete/grass. I imagined myself getting up and having grass and dirt stuck in between my front "tooth" because I landed partially in the grass and on the concrete. Thanks goodness my "kung fu grip" on the leash stopped her; however, the house we fell in front of had four movers in the front yard taking a break. Two of them ran over to me to make sure that I was okay while the other two tried their best to hold it together. I'll give them credit for their genuine concern; however, I was so red with embarrassment. It was one of those laugh at yourself situations and they laughed with me. I can only imagine them replaying this event to their friends and loved ones later that evening or have wondered if they posted a cell phone video of the event, as it unfolded, for their Facebook pages. We turned around and went the other direction just so I wouldn't have to pass by them again. Since then, Nala and I stick to a very brisk walking pace. My hands healed and now I carry alcohol wipes, sanitizer gel, and Band-Aids in multiple sizes my waist pack. Just when you think working out around your neighborhood is safe from "exercising bloopers" but apparently not on this particular day! My husband told me he was going to buy me a tank top that displayed the term he deemed for this act, "I believe I can fly but I do not land gracefully!" :blushing:

i laughed so hard when i read this!!!!
  • sew1222
    Options
    Does passing gas while doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu count. Because if it does I have heard, smelt and committed many a gym blooper. it is normally followed up by some genius in the class saying "he cheating with his turbo power".

this is AWESOME!!! my ribs hurt
  • sew1222
    Options
    Blimey where do I start;

1)Was pinned in a bench press by 100kgs while my spot was checking out a girl - i couldnt even breathe to say help!
    2)For some reason I tried to turn a 360 while on a treadmill (don't ask why) and ended up on my *kitten* looking at the rest of the gym
    3)Farted and couldn't stop quick enough on a treadmill, and with each foot fall it pushed a little but more out - I will never forget the expression on the person behind me

i should probably leave it at that - taxi!

oh wow! im dying laughing that last one was the best! :laugh:
  • Chubbyhulagirl
    Chubbyhulagirl Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I was 6 months preggo and showing my sis in law around my gym. It was her 1st time so i wanted to show her how to use the treadmill. We found two empty ones next to each other but i was too busy looking and talking to her that i didnt realize mine was on. Someone had left it on to go to the bathroom and didnt want it to get taken i guess. So i take a step onto the track, fly forward onto my hands and spend the next few seconds doggy paddling on the track cause i cant understand whats happening. Finally i get my hands to the sides of the treadmill and lift myself up. I had srapes on my forearms and one knee was bleeding. My sis in law is a nervous laugher so she was just standing there like giggling and trying to help me up. I look around and everyone is eyes averted pretending they didnt see anything while i limp away. So mortifying and i bet they warn other preggo ladies about the dangers of using the machines after seeing me...
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago when I first started running I didn't realise how much weight I was losing. I went for a run outside in a busy park and my (formerly snug) running shorts fell down to my knees. I had to run back holding them up with one hand. Even worse, I was wearing comedy superhero underpants. Not cool.

Excellent!!!!

Yeah..but were you wearing a cape? There's extra points for that! :laugh: