I love it when people call me "hun" or "sweety"

Options
It makes me feel very loved ^^
(from females though - from any other male than my boyfriend.. it's a little creepy:indifferent: )

What do you guys (as in all of you c:) like being called?

Replies

• DelilahNguyen
    Options
    Hehe my boyfriend calls me princess all the time :) kinda dorky but I love it
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    omg me too!!!
    I'm his princess, and he's my bearbear ^^ cheesy but so cute :3
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    that's weird i hate when people call me that. call me by my name!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I hate it too. I also hate being described as sweet, probably even more.
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    that's weird i hate when people call me that. call me by my name!
    Well, I hate it when people call me these names in like.. a condescending or belittling manner.. but if it's genuine, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy ^^
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    words I use typically whenever I'm talking to a female. These words are used daily and often and are used for people I know or donot know:

Baby
    Love (my favorite, throws people off since I'm indian and its more of an Irish thing)
    honey
    sexy (only to girls I know, would never ever say to an unfamiliar face)
    gorgeous
    beautiful
    good looking
    sugar
    darling
    love of my life (to girls I am on a very familiar base)

I'm pretty sure theres more but I cant recall, basically anything that comes to mind

Edit: I have been asked to not call them baby about 2 times and have always respected it but after knowing them for a few weeks, they endup calling ME baby :)
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Whaat? Why?!
    It's nice to be sweet, especially when other people recognize it :3
  • taunto
    Options
    omg me too!!!

I want somebody that calls me bearbear :(
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    omg me too!!!

I want somebody that calls me bearbear :(
    Aha, so go out and find one!
    By the way, those names are VERY ... personal.. at least compared to what I'm used to.
    *Someone* gets around ;D
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a robust Southern woman, I find it kind of patronizing.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I prefer salty
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Whaat? Why?!

Whenever people say it, it's always in a condescending way. I always try to be nice, polite and courteous, but then some people just assume there's nothing more to me (until they decide I'm exactly the opposite), and they're like "awwww, you're so sweeeeeeeeeet." bleh.
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Unless it's a robust Southern woman, I find it kind of patronizing.
    Ahaha, I know what you mean..
    I definitely dislike it when I know the person is using it in a condescending/belittling way... but when I get it from, say, a mentor, or a friend, it's really nice :)
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I prefer salty
    .. my last name means salty.
    :noway:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    lol. That must have been terrible growing up if people knew that... How many sweet and sour jokes?
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Whaat? Why?!

Whenever people say it, it's always in a condescending way. I always try to be nice, polite and courteous, but then some people just assume there's nothing more to me (until they decide I'm exactly the opposite), and they're like "awwww, you're so sweeeeeeeeeet." bleh.
    Oohh, that's not good... maybe you should meet/acquaint yourself with better/more genuine people ^^ hehe. I have these mentor ish teachers at my school that are in charge of a group of students.. One day we had a mentor group dinner and this teacher (who's only 20 something), hugged everyone and only called *me* sweety. Needless to say, I felt a little special :3
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    None thus far.. YOU BETTER NOT START IT! =___=
  • btwinkling
    Options
    Oh I love when people use terms of endearment!! There are so many people out there who are not the nicest and when someone calls you something sweet I immediately feel more friendly towards them :flowerforyou:
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    "Doll" or "Honey" =)
  • taunto
    Options
    it all depends on how/when/who you say it to. If you thought the list above made by me was bad, you have no clue how much "personal" I can get. However, over the years I have learned the finesse and have so far stayed out of trouble. Keep in mind, alot of the things I say are in front of the girls significant other too. Like I said, it all depends on how/when/who you say it to.