I love it when people call me "hun" or "sweety"

Options

Replies

• Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people all me sweetie and honey...It make me feel slow or Iike a little kid!...I'm just saying!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I worked a customer service job. My favorite people to talk to were from the south and called you Honey, Darlin, Sweetie, and I loved every moment of it. It made me feel loved and appreciated and those people could probably get away with murder if they talked to me with that sweet Southern hospitality. There's just nothing else like it to me. So I've tried to adopt that in my own life, even though I am not from the south. It's just to try to help those I associate with feel more comfortable and like i care.
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love being called "hun!" It makes me feel like I'm a member of an ancient Mongolian horde, terrorizing Mulan while plundering and pillaging my way through life. :-)
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I'll answer to anything except Jenni. I'm from Texas so calling someone honey, sweetie, hun, doll, darling, sugar, etc is as habitual as saying y'all or fixin' to.
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    I love being called "hun!" It makes me feel like I'm a member of an ancient Mongolian horde, terrorizing Mulan while plundering and pillaging my way through life. :-)

Nice. I was actually thinking of something similar to this.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Cool. My ancestors were cousins to the Huns. My Daddy spoke about that with pride, though he called me Princess.

I don't mind being called "hun" , "sweety", or "baby" if it is said with affection. My husband, however, can call me "Helen" and make it the sweetest sound in the whole world.
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    I don't like many terms of endearment from strangers. I do enjoy them when it's my husband saying them to me. He makes this girl's heart melt with happiness and love. :blushing: :blushing:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My name.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    From friends this is cute .. I get the lovey feeling you speak of ... But from strangers ..it totally creeps me out !!! Male or female !!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Older contractors and farmers coming in to where I worked, calling me princess, honey, sweetie, sugar: ah, no no.

Proceed to ask for a hug, look me up and down, etc.: y'all lookin for a whoopin?

Try to touch me: "accidentally" step hard on your foot, oh I AM sorry.
  • AnnaKate_
    AnnaKate_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    From guys, these name tend to creep me out, but any woman who calls me "honey" "sweety" "baby" "darlin" "sweetheart" etc makes me feel amazing and very, very loved!!! Maybe it's just my southern breeding coming through, but I love terms of endearment like that :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    most glorious captain and master
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Only a guy buddy of mine calls me "hun" and the only girls who say that to me are saying it sarcastically lol.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I cant help it but I call people "lovely". "Hey lovely!" "How are you lovely?" lol I don't know why. My MFP friends know I call them that :) Especially the ones I really really interact with :)
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I hate it from people working in shops or people who don't really know me. Pet names are an earned right. Otherwise they are just lazy and condescending, not to mention artificial.

Just wish I had the courage to say to them that I'm not their hun or sweety and never will be!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Ummm, I tend to call girls "dude" and "buddy". Girls like that right?
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    For me... if it's coming from a female, I'm fine with it if they're older than me. If they're my age... no. Feels weird, and almost condescending. Also, I never call anyone hun or sweety... I rarely even call my husband sweety. I call him babe. And a few other cutesy names that are just between the two of us.
  • LyriByri
    Options
    I call everyone hun or sweetie.
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I worked a customer service job. My favorite people to talk to were from the south and called you Honey, Darlin, Sweetie, and I loved every moment of it. It made me feel loved and appreciated and those people could probably get away with murder if they talked to me with that sweet Southern hospitality. There's just nothing else like it to me. So I've tried to adopt that in my own life, even though I am not from the south. It's just to try to help those I associate with feel more comfortable and like i care.
    Gotta love that Southern hospitality. I'm not even from the US but it works on me!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Gotta love that Southern hospitality. I'm not even from the US but it works on me!

LOL... I'm born & raised here in the south. But I didn't inherit that gene apparently.