Eating enough to lose weight??...sent by a bootcamp instruct

Replies

• snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    This is exactly my problem. I got so busy running my 4 kids around and going to school full time that I started to forget to eat until 7PM. My doctor had me go for a week like normal to track my calorie intake and I was only eating 500-600 calories per day, but I was full all the time. As of Monday, she has me on 1200 calories per day and I am having to force myself to eat (which is why I do mostly meal replacement shakes to add calories and nutrition).

My number came up at 2910.59. So, with the doctor having me on 1200 calories a day, does that mean that I am still under eating? I'm not sure I can eat any more without adding empty calories like candy or soft drinks.
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Interesting read
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Bumping for later as my sleep addled brain is not making sense of this. Thanks for sharing!
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG......I would be a porker eating 2462 calories, I am 47 yrs old, 5'5" and weigh 188. Not to mention I would vomit if I had to cram all those calories in a day, I have trouble eating the 1500-1600 calories (with exercise) that MFP says I should.....NOPE!!!!
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    People suffering from anorexia usually are eating less than 500 calories each day and have horrible physical, mental, and emotional side effects... not really comparable to this.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Great information, backs up what a few of my MFP friends have been telling me~~
  • twentytwobecky
    twentytwobecky Posts: 35 Member
    Everybody's body is different, but your formula works for me. I'm at 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat, and I'm finally losing pounds by upping my calories.
  • I'm totally confused, I got 1018, but others have got MUCH higher.
    Gawd only knows - I'll be sticking to what MFP tells me, works well for me!

EDIT: Must have done it wrong, I'm getting 2421....can't believe I could go from netting 12/1400 to 2421 and continue to lose? Unless it means JUST EAT 2421, which is roughly my intake each day. In which case it's probably much the same as what MFP already tells us :)
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    This formula for me only was 70 calories more a day than on MFP. Plus remember this is to maintain, not lose or gain.
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 136 Member
    So, give your body the right nutrients in the right portions (40% protein, 40% low glycemic carbs and 20% fats), eat at least 5 times per day and...

Can I change this on my profile? How? I can see how to up my calories but not this.

Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed it. I've been doing bootcamp since July 1, 2011 and LOVE IT!! I'm addicted!
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    So, give your body the right nutrients in the right portions (40% protein, 40% low glycemic carbs and 20% fats), eat at least 5 times per day and...

Can I change this on my profile? How? I can see how to up my calories but not this.

Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed it. I've been doing bootcamp since July 1, 2011 and LOVE IT!! I'm addicted!

Yes, under "Home" at the top, click on "Goals" then you can edit your goals and change them by percentages.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    bump
  • trying to respond to post
  • I run numbers daily for friends on MFP and they are losing weight between 1600-2700 calories.
    This stuff works.
    One thing to remember though is you wont see much scale movement for a while.
    Most of the effects of this will be in body fat %.
    Can you run numbers for me??? This get soooo confusing at times!!! lol :flowerforyou:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Good post!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    I run numbers daily for friends on MFP and they are losing weight between 1600-2700 calories.
    This stuff works.
    One thing to remember though is you wont see much scale movement for a while.
    Most of the effects of this will be in body fat %.
    Can you run numbers for me??? This get soooo confusing at times!!! lol :flowerforyou:

PM me

Weight
    Body Fat% (Use Fat to Fit Military Calculator if you dont know it)
    Waist measurement
    How often you work out

I'll see what I can do!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    bump
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    I got 2218cals. I think that is rather high. Currently on 1200cals per day. I'm sure I would put on if I ate that number.
  • Thanks for sharing
  • bump for later