Definition of "buff" via a woman + attractiveness

Options
124»

Replies

• gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The girl in the second pic is MUCH hotter and looks better than the others. Of course, that's just my two cents. I'd love to look like the second one!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I don't think women usually refer to themselves as buff so that is why I think there was confusion. I would say "toned."

but I supposed that's where I think it's unfair because my definition of "toned" is less than "buff" lol

Toned: Muscles are not flabby.
    Buff: Muscles are defined.
    Bodybuilder: Like the bottom pic above.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Funny that I came across this thread. I have always used the word "toned' to describe my goals. But when my husband was on deployment he hadn't seen me for 6 months and all he could do was read my emails and imagine what I was looking like. He was afraid to come to a "buff" woman (little body fat and musles every where). So he was very relieved to find out that I only decreased my BF and lost a few pounds. (Then I was injured and the ruined everything. :grumble: )

I think the best way is to show pictures when you are trying to explain your goals. I think the imagine you are shooting for is sexy and I too want that. One thing I told my husband, that my muscles will never looked flex unless I am flexing them. I think that put him at a little bit of ease.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    When I hear "buff" I think, fit, healthy, strong, defined muscles. I don't think seriously muscular, or even like the last picture you posted. I think most top athletes are what I'd consider buff. But then I guess it depends on the person you're asking.

I agree with the people who say that the main difference between the ones you like, and the one you don't is BF%. The lower body fat % you have, the more the muscles you do have stand out. If you want a softer look, but still well toned / defined, keep your body fat around 18% or higher I'd say.
  • newfieborn
    Options
    Clothed, the second girl probably isn't going to look too much out of the ordinary, maybe just in her thighs. But only the guy (or guys) who sees her in a swimsuit or naked in bed are gonna see the definition...

Do guys honestly find this is too much definition on a woman? Curious.

Yes, I do
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I've decided that I'm going to lift and lift heavy about twice a week to start.
    I'm trying to lose fat still so I'm going to keep doing cardio and some light weight everyday.
    I am going to have a guy friend of mine teach me the proper form for deadlifting, squatting, and benching then I'll have my beginning numbers so that I can see how strong I get.

(I'm really looking forward to what my @$$ will look like with squats! lol)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Well I've decided that I'm going to lift and lift heavy about twice a week to start.
    I'm trying to lose fat still so I'm going to keep doing cardio and some light weight everyday.
    I am going to have a guy friend of mine teach me the proper form for deadlifting, squatting, and benching then I'll have my beginning numbers so that I can see how strong I get.

(I'm really looking forward to what my @$$ will look like with squats! lol)

Excellent plan. Squats do wonders for the butt. Love them. (but make sure you are going to parallel or deeper, if not, you just work your quads and not your butt).