The real key to losing weight is Metabolism!!

Options

Replies

• StephySands
    Options
    Thanks for posting such great information!!! I'll take the parts I like and mix it into my regimen. That's what it's about....right!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Tremendous respect to you, Sidesteal, but I am not saying that his methodologies are correct. I am just simply saying that this is what he did and it worked. He might not have accurate information about how it worked, but just simply that it cannot be disputed that he achieved success with this method.

Do you think there's value in stripping away the parts of the method that have absolutely no relevance towards the outcome, for the sake of others who strive to achieve the same goal?
  • Leanne926
    Leanne926 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Great article!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Had the post been titled: "here's how I changed my metabolism" or something to that effect I don't think he would have garnished all the detractors. However, the op posted this as information that everyone who wishes to lose weight and get in shape should have and that is where he ran aground.

The "do whatever works for you" argument is fine, but some of us appreciate the actual science behind what actually works.
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Thank you for the time and effort you put into this I found it VERY informative
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Didn't have time to read all the posts.....but the ones I did were pretty snarky......come on people, lets be a little more positive. Maybe everyone needs to get to the gym and work out their crabbiness! hehe :laugh: But seriously, what is up with the negativity?!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information, it's very comprehensive. I'm a newbie and keen to find what works best for me. I'm definitely going to try HIIT... it makes perfect sense. I struggle with breakfast but am making a point of eating something - some fruit or piece of toast - because if I don't, I don't eat anything till late night and I know that's no good for me; I feel terrible when I do that.

So OP... thank you, thank you, thank you! :flowerforyou:

I don't understand the sneery comments and am not interested in that kind of negative crap at all. Take what you want from the information - or leave it - but it's pathetic to run down the efforts of anybody when you have nothing yourself to offer. I'm embarrassed for you. Bad form.
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I mean there are different methods to success. His worked for him. He shared his story. Don't know why people who may have less of a result want to tear it down.

He put it out there, that's more than most people do!
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The "do whatever works for you" argument is fine, but some of us appreciate the actual science behind what actually works.

But that is precisely where we "detractors" have come in -- to point out those areas which are not based on science.
  • MattGetsMad
    Options

But that is precisely where we "detractors" have come in -- to point out those areas which are not based on science.

I'm on the side of the detractors (the polite ones anyway). Sorry if I didn't make that clear. :wink:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Tremendous respect to you, Sidesteal, but I am not saying that his methodologies are correct. I am just simply saying that this is what he did and it worked. He might not have accurate information about how it worked, but just simply that it cannot be disputed that he achieved success with this method.

Do you think there's value in stripping away the parts of the method that have absolutely no relevance towards the outcome, for the sake of others who strive to achieve the same goal?

Referring specifically back to this:
    This. Just because you happened to get to an awesome physique, doesn't mean it was because of what you are quoting either.

This statement implies that his physique could not be a result of his chosen technique because he is wrong about how he thinks his technique worked. I disagree. He has achieved his physique (and his results are obvious) IN SPITE of the fact that he is wrong about how it worked.

I, myself, have used this technique and had tremendous results. I am far from goal and certainly do not consider myself an expert. Nor could I debate the science of any of it, but that doesn't change the fact that this technique works. It may not work for all, though I have never met anyone who tried it and failed, but that doesn't change the fact that it does work. Your technique is certainly an acceptable method as well, but it would not work for me because I can't function normally with hunger pain (not suggesting that you have hunger pain, just that I would). The point is that there is value to the method even if the OP isn't accurate about why it works.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    I mean there are different methods to success. His worked for him. He shared his story. Don't know why people who may have less of a result want to tear it down.

He put it out there, that's more than most people do!

Once again, I'm not taking any credit from him or his physique, he looks great.

But I'll say it again directly to you Simomofmich: If I tell you that you can achieve a great physique by eating the appropriate calorie and macro intake, lifting weights, and wearing a polka-dotted skirt to the mall between 3 and 6pm and putting grass clippings down your pants, I'd be correct.

In doing so, am I helping you?

I'll be the first to admit that you shouldn't attack people, but correcting misinformation is important.

What he did worked for him but not for the reasons he is stating and mis-statement of those reasons will cause people to think that they need to do things that they don't need to do. It complicates the process.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm shocked at all the negative posts! This is consistant with all the doctors, nutritionists and physical trainers that I have ever discussed it with. This is how I've lost my weight and how I will continue to live my life.

Thank you for posting - I'm sure there are SOME open minded people that are looking for suggestions.

This! I'd love to know how many of all the "there really is no starvation mode"-posters are actually doctors or scientists...

I would love to know how many people that advocate that there IS starvation mode are doctors or scientists.

If you are starving how can you be overweight? Please post an overweight survivor of a POW or Holocaust victim?
  • Sidesteal
    Options

Referring specifically back to this:
    This. Just because you happened to get to an awesome physique, doesn't mean it was because of what you are quoting either.

He has achieved his physique (and his results are obvious) IN SPITE of the fact that he is wrong about how it worked.

Correct. I'm curious, could you humor me and also answer my question? I'm curious as to whether or not you agree.
  • MattGetsMad
    Options
    What he did worked for him but not for the reasons he is stating and mis-statement of those reasons will cause people to think that they need to do things that they don't need to do. It complicates the process.

^^^^^this!
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to see Diet & Nutrition like different religions. So many experts, so many opinions, so many studies, so many contradictions, so many this, that and another!

This post is just highlighting one "religion". Do what suits you to stay fed and watered for ultimate health and wellbeing. :wink:
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

A really good discussion of the water issue. I realize that the I drink one glass of water a day crowd is going to poo-poo the mayo clinic but this is a very sensible discusssion of the water issue. Yes we can get a lot from our food but many of the same I don't need water crowd are frequently consuming fast food and the like. So yep, if you eat a healthy diet filled with water laden fruits and veggies, fluids without a lot of corn syrup it is probably a perfectly sensible statement to say you only drink water when thirsty. But if your diet is a lot of meat and cheese and such (low carbers) then you are likely stressing your kidneys, do the research. Your diet and activity dictates your water needs not some magic 8,10,12 glasses a day rule.
  • adlwilmot
    Options
    In my opinion the OP has stated basic facts, end of. There´s no need to draw on science to back up any of what he´s saying as it´s pure basics.

I don´t see why people have to come on here *****ing and being smart arses. There may be elements you don´t agree on, but there are also much more diplomatic ways of saying so.

Go use your time working out as opposed to being nasty.

OP... good for you and thank you for sharing. It´s been a good reminder for me, although I don´t buy into the whole "drink a gallon a day!", albeit I do agree that keeping yourself hydrated DOES get rid of excess toxins and liquid.
  • Orangecupcake
    Orangecupcake Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts here, but since water flushes out your system and gets rid of toxins, I can see no reason why there would not be a health benefit to drinking a lot of water every day. Thanks for all the info. I found the HIIT exercise information particularly interesting!