Replies

• rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Depends - just a single mile about 9. A marathon about 11:30
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    5:54 this morning at 52 years old. 5:46 in 1974 when I was a freshman in high school. I didn't run any timed miles in between until recently.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    normally just over 5 mins by just over lit a couple of secs. but i think i could push it harder if i wanted too, but being fit is my whole career sooooo :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    7:45 single mile.
  • cruiser3004
    cruiser3004 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    10min here, week 6 of C25K
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Currently, 14 mins, but I've only just started. I've got a lot to learn and a long way to go.
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My recent best is 8'55' for a mile.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Ive just done 6mins 59secs, but that was on a tredmill at the gym so dont suppose that counts really.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    10:20. pretty happy considering my fastest before that was a 12 mins and that was when I was 17, in high school and actually weighed less, 270 lbs. then I do now, 315 lbs. my feet hurting lately plus I have a bum right ankle related to my cerebal palsy. after seeing my doctor I got refered to a podatrist. I have no arch in my feet and he feels I would benefit great from orthotics for my feet. I'll be seeing him next week. I hope my time improves. I to get under the 10 min mark before Summer.

ha I just realized I posted in this same topic a while back...... YAY for improving on my time!!! :laugh:
    gawd typo. working graveyard.......where's my coffee?
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many miles after I must run! :bigsmile:

If it is just one mile as fast as possible - around 7:45
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    my best ever has been 8mins. however my average is 9-9.5 min miles
  • jesserussellnoll
    Options
    About 9:30, which I'd like to improve on, but is MUCH better than the 15 minutes when I was 250pounds 1.5 years ago.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5:47
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think my best was right around a 10 minute. That was last May right before I sprained my ankle. I haven't ran since around October.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    5:47 on the track last year at 42 years old. My goal is to go under 5:30 this summer.
  • maria_jason
    maria_jason Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    UGH! Discouraged after reading this. I ran a 10:30 mile the other day for the first time.(I usually run a 12) I was so excited until I read these post and realized that I have a long way to go. Guess I will just have to push myself a little harder.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually tried to run a mile at full pace for 15+ years, so I don't really know what I can do now. My personal best in the high school days was 4:50. Probably the fastest full mile I've done in the past 5 years was 7:30 as part of a two mile run. I'll have to take a shot at seeing what I can do now. : )

For anyone who feels discouraged.....don't. Some people are just genetically geared to run and others aren't. Anyone can be a good runner with enough effort, but sometimes, that's a lot of effort. Enjoy whatever improvements you get. FWIW, even though I could run a sub 5 minute mile 20+ years ago, I normally run at around a 9-10 minute pace these days.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When running 2+ miles, I'm able to keep about a 10min mile pace.

But my fastest and current single mile time is 9.

My goal is to bring both those times down one minute!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    UGH! Discouraged after reading this. I ran a 10:30 mile the other day for the first time.(I usually run a 12) I was so excited until I read these post and realized that I have a long way to go. Guess I will just have to push myself a little harder.

Don't be discouraged! It has taken me 8 years of consistent running to get to where I am.

And don't push harder, push longer and further. You have to increase the time on your feet, the total miles and your body will become more efficient, bring your pace down naturally. Keep it up!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    fastest ever was 5:40 back 20 years ago while in the Military and at 160lbs lol... recently best has been 8:49 at 42 and 220lbs i just finished c25k program which has helped my running greatly... Now i've restarted the program doing it 6 incline on the treadmill to increase leg strength and hopefully faster speeds