Replies

• DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    SUB!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is chasing me. If it's the cops I can run pretty fast.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    But have you tried running just a mile as quickly as you can? Just by coincidence I watched a film last night about some lad trying to run a 4 minute mile.

How did he get on, just out of curiosity....
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My PB is 11m 20s.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile for the first time since HS last night. 17 min. :(

Don't feel bad! I've been working on mine for two months and JUST hit under 18 minutes. I use to be about 25 so its all about improving every time you do it. Keep up the good work!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Geez; I suck! 12 minutes :(
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Depends on who is chasing me. If it's the cops I can run pretty fast.
    haaahaaaa
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    my fastest mile to date 10.60
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    But have you tried running just a mile as quickly as you can? Just by coincidence I watched a film last night about some lad trying to run a 4 minute mile.

How did he get on, just out of curiosity....

He did it.
    Nice to see this has been brought back to life.
    I'm doing C25K and my average is 10'33 but that still includes alternating between walking/jogging.

I have a few goals in regards to running:
    Run a 10k
    Run 100m in 11 seconds.
    Run 1 mile in 6 minutes.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Now I think my best is 9:36! In high school when I ran track, I was in the 6 minute range I believe if I can even remember lol...
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Six minutes or a little under. Now I want to put a stop watch on it!
  • CatieBuck
    Options
    I adverage 11:30 - 12 min. per Mi. I'm trying to get back into it. I like this pace. I feel like its more enjoyable for me. But really its just what your personal preference is and what you want to accomplish.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I generally run 9 minute miles. The shortest I ran I think was closer to the 8 minute mark.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    fastest 9:30 but i was running on a hilly road
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Army 1984-1987, I was cranking out 6 minute miles. Now I am happy with 8!
  • morgansmama
    morgansmama Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My fastest was 8:30 but I run longer distances now. Training for a marathon! :) Good luck!
  • getthisweightgone
    Options
    I've begun running as a hobby, but the longest it takes me is 16:30, the shortest for me was 14:30, and I pushed myself. :) I wish to get under 14:30 for a first time, and keep doing a mile in shorter time each time.

I think warming up at home first, compared to warming up on a treadmill is more beneficial.
  • sausagepaula
    Options
    My fastest is 10 minutes and I know this seems slow compared to some once upon a time i could not jog for one minute so to me this is pretty impressive so all you guys trying to get that mile quicker feel proud x

oh and ythis is my first post- hello x
  • sharonwitten
    Options
    All of you make me feel so bad. I am only doing 17:5. But I am doing a 4 mile run and not just one mile. I hope to work on my speed now that I have reached the 4 miles. One year ago I was doing 6 miles in one hour. This is my goal for now.
  • getthisweightgone
    Options
    All of you make me feel so bad. I am only doing 17:5. But I am doing a 4 mile run and not just one mile. I hope to work on my speed now that I have reached the 4 miles. One year ago I was doing 6 miles in one hour. This is my goal for now.

I make you feel bad? LOL It takes me 16:30 minutes...uh huh...

We gotta keep at it!! :) Let's keep going!