Post-Bulking Progress Pictures (Female)

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations you look amazing! I have just started NROLFW and love it :)

Can I just ask- when you plan to enter your "cutting" phase will you continue to lift heavy, and are you afraid of losing muscle when you start eating at a deficit again?

Thanks!

And yes and yes! I love lifting and will continue it because I love and because it's the best way to preserve my VERY hard earned muscle. I also plan to continue eating at least 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, and I'm going to set my calorie deficit pretty small, like 300 calories. Both these things also help preserve muscle.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Incredible work!
  • jgsinfw
    jgsinfw Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    WOW - that is jaw-droppingly awesome!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I'm a dedicated lifter and am working with a trainer, wondered if the 5X5 means five reps with increasing weight each Rep? I'm still learning the lingo
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm a dedicated lifter and am working with a trainer, wondered if the 5X5 means five reps with increasing weight each Rep? I'm still learning the lingo

Generally 5 sets of 5 reps. I think you can "pyramid" or "reverse pyramid", where you either start w/ lower weight and move up each set, or start w/ the highest while you are still fresh then move down with each set as you tire. So far I usually do 3 sets at the same weight unless I feel it's to easy, or it gets to hard.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Haha you should have made the thread title "Size 12 to Size 6 with only 1lb lost" AWESOME job!

I agree! Excellent job, you look awesome!!!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    <bump> just because I think more people should see this!
  • jetlbomb
    jetlbomb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is the perfect example of how muscle takes up less space than fat at the same weight. Amazing work! You're an inspiration.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Isn't that amazing how you can transform your body by GASP! eating more and lifting heavy? Truly it is the only way to TRANSFORM, women who do cardio only may lose weight but they only make their bodies SMALLER, not tighter and change the shape.

You look FABULOUS girl, GOOD JOB, good attitude, you are an inspiration to people on this board who SHOULD LIFT SOME DAMN WEIGHTS!!! :laugh:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    This is also a great example of how the scale is not the best way to track your progress. Photos, measurements are a great way. And for fitness, resting heart rate VO2 max, and performance times (like a best 5k time or a best 20 mile ride time).
    Awesome Rae!
  • achief192
    Options
    Amazing job!!!! Keep it up !! :)
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see definition in your calf muscles (gastrocnemius). You look great! Good job!
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    wow i have found my new motivation to continue! thank you and well done on what u have achieved!!
  • treatingmybodyright
    Options
    What a great example of how weightlifting can transform your body! Congrats!
  • estevo66
    estevo66 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Thanks for posting and being an inspriation!!!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    really super work = fabulous inspiration. :smile:
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love this post! Very inspiring!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME sauce! Hon, you've done a great job! ♥
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!