Lemon Water in Morning

Options

Replies

• SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I love lemon in my water. I do this perodically becasue I like the taste, especially in the summer!
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Check with your Dr first, but here is an old fashioned liver cleanse:

Liver Cleanse
    This is a cleansing procedure to help release built up gravel and stones that can block the ducts causing many problems, including the removal of the gall bladder. Perform at least twice a year. Allow yourself at least the evening and following day to complete this procedureIngredients:
    24 oz water
    4 T Epsom Salt
    6 oz virgin olive oil
    1 lg. fresh pink grapefruit

The morning of the first day: dissolve the Epsom salt in the water, and refrigerate the solution.
    Have a liquid breakfast (smoothie or juice from organic carrots and 1 apple), a nonfat lunch, and have NO FOOD after 2pm.
    At 6pm. drink the 1st of 6-4oz doses of the Epsom Salt solution.
    At 8pm. drink the 2nd
    At 10pm. drink the 3rd
    Next, after the third dose, blend the olive oil and grapefruit juice; drink half and go to bed.
    The morning of the second day: eat no food; instead:
    At 6am drink the 4th dose of the Epsom Salt solution
    At 8am drink the 5th, and
    At 10am drink the 6th and final dose of the solution.
    Then, at 12 drink the remainder of the juice/olive oil mixture; eat a salad for lunch and a light dinner/supper.

This combination will open the liver so it can release the waste that continually builds up as calcium deposits and other debris that cannot pass through the body without help.

Don't do this unless supervised by a naturopath. This can cause a lot of pain if stone large.
    Drinking all the oil is really disgusting, lots of gagging. Also reflux.
  • lionempress
    lionempress Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OP: The two sources you found and posted contradict each other. The first talks about how lemon juice helps with the body's pH because it is alkalilne and the other talks about how acidic it is. Also, to get the fiber that's in the lemons you would need to eat the whole fruit, not just juice the lemon or get juice from a bottle.

I like the suggestion to put a peeled lemon in a blender and puree, then add water to it. That would add 15-20 calories to your day, which isn't much! Other than the damage to your teeth it seems like this couldn't hurt so if you're interested try it! I'm not inclined to spend the money on lemons just for this though - maybe if I had some on hand that needed to be used up...

Lemons are acidic, but once they are in your system and metabolized they help to alkalinize your body.
    True about the fiber.

My suggestion to anyone concerned with the affects it may have on your teeth is to drink it through a straw. That's what I do, avoids hitting the teeth and goes straight to the back of your throat.,

I squeeze fresh organic lemons into my water at least once a day. (1.99 per pk of organic lemons at trader joes :wink: ) Sometimes I add lemon slices to my green tea and other drinks. It has many benefits as listed above including not getting sick as often thanks to the vitamin C... also whenever I make a green juice I always add a whole peeled lemon and a green apple (it cuts the green taste). :smokin:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I have heard that drinking a glass on water with lemon juice in the morning is suppose to be good for you - has anyone else heard this "or" do this and how much do you drink and what are the benefits to this??? Always looking for any tips!! Thanks- :flowerforyou:

Yes. Real lemon juice will help to detoxify the liver and promote bile production. Another good supplement to take in-conjunction with this is Milk Thistle.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I try to drink lemon or lime water every day - usually in the morning. When I don't drink it, I tend to get heartburn/acid reflux. It is supposed to make your body more alkaline and aids in liver fuctioning. It has been noted to help digestion, skin problems such as acne, prevent/fight cancer among a host of other thing. Just make sure you drink it with a straw as the acid can erode your teeth!
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    it WORKS! it basically helps flush your system out. My friend and I just started doing this and we both lost about 4 lbs the first week...shes on week 2 and has lost 8 and her clothes are getting huge on her. as are mine....i'm going to keep it up! We do about 9 oz water w/ 2 Tbsp. lemon water...i dont use real lemons just the juice from the bottle. i dont care for lemon water so i pretty much chug it but its working so i'll put up w/ it

My friend just texted me about it. How has your weight loss been going? Have you lost any more from drinking the lemon water.
  • DancingSherrie
    Options
    This is a great way to start the day ... and very refreshing any time of the day! I've always had a difficult time drinking water, I'd prefer any other beverage. Now I keep a glass on my desk and keep refilling it throughout the day with 1/2 of fresh lemon and water. A great, tasty way to get my water intake in. Remember to use a straw to protect your tooth enamel.
  • DudleyYVR
    DudleyYVR Posts: 15
    Options
    Can /Should you use the same lemon-water filled jug all day?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i take 1 oz of lemon juice each morning, I dont know if it helps me or not with losing weight, but its a good source of vitamin C, and has no calories, so it cant hurt.

this. if you like the flavor, go for it. to believe that it'll have a tremendous impact on your body to flush out fat or detox or whatever, you're deluding yourself.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    It was helping to control pain from a very large gallstone for me. I've heard it's good for liver function and it does make water less bland.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Well, lemon juice is good for you in the sense that lemons are good for you (though minus the fiber in juice form). If you think it's going to cure anything or increase weight loss simply from ingesting it, no. If you're water tastes funky, it's a great way to cover that. It's why a lot of restaurants put lemon in the water because their patrons might not like the flavor of their water without it.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Your liver has an incredible capacity to "detox" itself. Don't need to drink lemon juice for any other reason than it "spices" up your plain ol' drinking water.

http://sciencebasedpharmacy.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/the-detox-delusion/

The only time you need to "detox" is due to dangerous levels of drugs, alcohol or heavy metals. When that happens, it's most likely going to be the ER doctor administering the detox and it most likely won't include drinking lemon water.

Drink lemon juice in your water if it helps you drink more water, but don't delude yourself into thinking it will effect any sort of long term change weight-wise.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, when I was losing a crazy amount of weight, I used to take a "lemon shot" in the morning. Basically I would squeeze the juice of one lemon into a cup and take it like a shot before my breakfast. The benefits that I heard was that it helps detox your liver so that's why I started taking it. I did get a good jolt of energy from it and felt like it was beneficial to my weight loss.

If you do decide to take it as a shot just be sure to drink water and rinse out your mouth afterwards because lemon can ruin the enamel on your teeth.
  • brittyfbaby
    Options
    I just like the taste. :) I put lemon on a lot of my meats when i cook them as well. Lemon is just awesome! flavor and good for you
  • magnifiquee
    magnifiquee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this about 3 months now, every morning I squeeze half a lemon and mix it with one cup of warm water.
    It's a great detoxifyer!

^.^
  • soozship
    soozship Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do this everyday. When I stumble out of bed, I turn on the hot water tap and squeeze 1/4 of a lemon into a glass. I just drink it tap hot. I found that when I used lemon juice (from a bottle) it gave me heartburn. I think using a real lemon actually helps to combat heartburn, and I'm pretty sure it's helped bring down my high blood pressure. I have noticed a difference in my skin too. I've been doing this for about a year now... I miss it on the odd day when I don't start my day this way.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It's the only way I drink water. If it doesn't have lemon in it, I won't drink it.
    I used to drink a pint of warm water first thing, with lemon, and it cleared up my 'stressed' liver. I'd totally forgotten about that.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It's the only way I drink water. If it doesn't have lemon in it, I won't drink it.
    I used to drink a pint of warm water first thing, with lemon, and it cleared up my 'stressed' liver. I'd totally forgotten about that.

Never drink warm water from a tap. It has to be boiled first!
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lauryn's blog is my fav... I'm sure that people here will disagree with a lot of the things she says but her recipe for homemade sprite is the best. Seriously, try it.

http://theskinnyconfidential.com/2014/01/29/buh-bye-nasty-*kitten*-soda-homemade-10-sprite/

ETA - "the best". I didn't realize actual four letter words were not allowed.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Never drink warm water from a tap. It has to be boiled first!

LOL, what? It's from the tap, not a river.

Was this a joke that I just fell for?