Lemon Water in Morning

Options
1235»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    This thread is absolutely killing me...

From Doctor Oz being great to lemon water kick starting your metabolism....
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Yes I do this, the lemon water is to help filter the liver, is what I've been told. I do it about 3 times a week with a fresh lemon squeezed into 16 ounces of water and I add 2 slices for extra flavoring. Good stuff!! :drinker:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Yes I do this, the lemon water is to help filter the liver, is what I've been told.

by whom?

its filtering what now?

edit: i ask for lemon and lime in my water at restaurants (when im not doing a "no eating out" challenge). it helps "filter out" the flavor of mediocre tap water
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yes I do this, the lemon water is to help filter the liver, is what I've been told. I do it about 3 times a week with a fresh lemon squeezed into 16 ounces of water and I add 2 slices for extra flavoring. Good stuff!! :drinker:

Until you have a basic working knowledge of how the liver works physiologically, do not ever say that lemon water will help the liver filter anything. It's like saying, "I put cotton balls in my gas tank to help my oil filter clean the windshield wiper fluid". Honestly, it sounds just as silly as that.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I did this for almost three months straight. Make hot water in coffee pot, cut lemon in half, squeeze it into 32oz mug and add hot water. Two things health positive occurred from this; JACK and SH......

I'll tell you what it DID do. I was a great substitute to help me kick my coffee habit and it helped me push out that first morning turd.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    A buddy had kidney stones....after he passed them, he swore by this.
    Saying the acidity kept him from getting them again.

Who knows....I just think it changes crap tap to weak lemonade.