Any Calories you don't count??

Options
I have one cup of coffee in the morning. I add one serving of creamer and a lil bit of sugar. I never count this in my calorie count for the day. It hasn't seemed to affect my progress as I think I am doing fairly well. I am just curious if anyone else has anything they never add.

Side note: If I actually go to a coffee shop and get a latte/mocha, I do count those calories...

Replies

• jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    cucumber, chewing gum, tea, black coffee, lettuce and other veggies that have very little cals.
  • KellyAFraley
    Options
    I don't count Altoids. And I have anywhere from 4-10 a day. LOVE ALTOIDS!!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't count my vitamin pills, but do count milk in tea,
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i don't count gum.. I know some people do but to me its silly :-) and I may have a nibble or taste of my kids treats from time to time and don't count that. but never would i not count a snack or a meal or a drink. pretty much if it is 10cals or more I count it because it will all add up soon enough.
  • Bexx435
    Bexx435 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't count my vitamin pills, but do count milk in tea,

I don't count my vitamin pills either... but I do count my vitamin chews (afterall they're more like candy)
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee with a little bit of vanilla cream. I don't use much
    :smile:
  • knurse1987
    knurse1987 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Gum
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee calories either. I have three cups a week, with a splash of nonfat milk or creamer, and no sugar. If I go to Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts, I log it.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I dont always record cucumber or celery If I snack on it at night. And I never record breath mints.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I don't count my coffee with about a drop of skim milk in it.
    I don't count tea when I drink it (I don't use a sweetener or honey).
    I don't count crystal light in my water.
    I don't count gum/mints.

Otherwise I count everything religiously.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    well,you should just try to eat less sugar,you could use sugar substitute.sugar itself doesn't have many calories,but the thing about sugar is that it turns into fat right when you eat it.
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    I count my coffee but don't always count the milk (I just have the tiniest splash of semi-skimmed, no sugar). I don't always count ketchup if I have a tiny amount.

I count even the smallest calories (lettuce, cucumber etc) not really for the calorie count but just so I can log what I actually ate as a meal for future reference (copying meals, etc).
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Diet coke .. hardly worth counting
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    diet drinks, gum, mints
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I pretty much count everything I put in my mouth... or I try to. I'm a little "anal" and "OCD" though. :embarassed:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I snack on raw celery at work (I work at a wing restaurant). I usually dont log those odd pieces of plain, raw celery. Gum- I dont chew it often anyways. 5 hour energy (I have one occasionally and forget to log those 4 calories-ha). I dont always remember to log crystal light (which I only hav occasionally) Also, I don't log spices like black pepper or cayenne which I add to almost everything.

All condiments-I absolutely log, and I measure and log all coffee creamer because both of those add up very quickly if not careful.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Diet coke .. hardly worth counting

I try not to drink diet coke as much as possible but in the summer time a diet coke with lime is the only think that goes with my copious amount of captain morgan! lol

Aspartame (in diet coke) has over 92 awful side effect including, but not limited to, blindness and brain lesions.

http://youtu.be/OHD9Xqru3NY

(PS: you might not like the music but the message is a good one)

I try to eat as little as possible.
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I dont count gum, mustard, onions(sometimes) if i know I had like 20 or so cals in tomatoes, onions, lettuce ill do a quick added calories it takes too much time to add small stuff like especially since my "j" and "c" dont work and I have to use my touch screen keyboard. You can always total up your small calorie foods at the end of the day and do a quick add under "snacks".
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stopped counting Crystal Light. The calories are either zero or 10 per serving, and while it does have sodium, I'm not a slave to the scale so I don't care if I have any water retention.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Water, black coffee, sugar free gum, zero calorie condiments, vitamins, diet sodas.