Any Calories you don't count??

Options

Replies

• abhiforlife
    abhiforlife Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    2-3 cans of Coke Zero/week. Throat lozenges. I might eat a nut or two as well. Nothing I suspect to be over 10-15 calories in a day.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I don't count gum or mints. I don't always count carrots & other veggies like that if I snack on them throughout the day because they're so low in calories. Also, if my boyfriend is having something "bad," like steak or wings, I will sometimes have a bite & I don't count that. Pshhh, it's only a bite!

I actually gave up coffee when I started dieting & exercising because I'd fill the very bottom of the cup with coffee & then DUMP sugar & creamer in! I was basically drinking creamer LOL. I was addicted to Hershey's chocolate caramel - yum!
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Everything gets logged for me, especially the 8ish cups of coffee a day. No sugar but I do use half fat milk.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I don't count spices.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    well,you should just try to eat less sugar,you could use sugar substitute.sugar itself doesn't have many calories,but the thing about sugar is that it turns into fat right when you eat it.

Absolutely not true. Sugar does not turn into fat, it's immediately burned by the body for energy.

Personally, I don't count gum. Only 1 piece a day anyway.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth, not logging coffee with cream and sugar??? Why not??
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i don't log things like spices, a few drops of oil that i cook with, or a dash of salt on my rice and things like that. other then that...

14128393.jpg
    well,you should just try to eat less sugar,you could use sugar substitute.sugar itself doesn't have many calories,but the thing about sugar is that it turns into fat right when you eat it.

Absolutely not true. Sugar does not turn into fat, it's immediately burned by the body for energy.

Personally, I don't count gum. Only 1 piece a day anyway.

QFT
  • MrsSherrill
    Options
    i dont count crystal light, lettuce or gum
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    girl scout cookies
  • gillpolard
    Options
    I never count the splash of almond milk I put in my coffee. i know it has calories but I dont count them.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    girl scout cookies

I suppose I am lucky with that...I live in the middle of nowhere so there are no girl scouts to tempt me with cookies! :) If they were here, I wouldn't count them either hah
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I log everything but my vitamins. Gum, beverages, mints, everything that passes through my lips other than my vitamins.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I pretty much count everything I put in my mouth... or I try to. I'm a little "anal" and "OCD" though. :embarassed:

Me too.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Actually, thinking about it - I don't count salt & pepper (or variants) that I use in such sparse amounts that they'd be unlikely to amount to 1 cal anyway :wink:
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't count medicine unless I suspect it has a relatively high amount (like super-sweetened cough syrup by the tablespoon or something like that.) But I DO count things like lettuce, cucumbers etc. because what I'm actually interested in having on record is how much fiber or whatever I get out of it. The calories aren't such a big deal but I like to see what I get nourishment-wise. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    gum, celery (so little calories, what's the point?) ... typically things i nibble and can't count.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I also don't log vitamins. I know they have calories and sugar in them (especially my calcium chews) but I try to mentally ignore it because I am afraid I will be tempted not to take them if I see them as "food". And I know how essential they are.

I try to log most spices/seasonings because some of them can be high in sodium. It was kind of a pain at first, but now they are in my recently used database so it's just a matter of scrolling and clicking.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    A couple of calories like that likely won't hurt... I mean, who is to say that the half cup of "whatever" is really 125 calories, or that your body really burns 400 calories while running...

It's all estimates. I think you're good.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't count coffee, tea, gum,or vitamins. I put in half a cup of milk a day for what I use for coffee/tea.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gum and diet pop :)