Any Calories you don't count??

Options

Replies

• kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    gum, celery (so little calories, what's the point?) ... typically things i nibble and can't count.

You also burn more eating and processing the celery than what it's worth! :)
  • chattipatty2
    chattipatty2 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    well,you should just try to eat less sugar,you could use sugar substitute.sugar itself doesn't have many calories,but the thing about sugar is that it turns into fat right when you eat it.

not sure if you meant this for this post? but I learned that even sugar substitute or diet drinks cause increased insulin production making you more hungry. And sugar does not turn right to fat.
    As for sugar turning right to fat, not necessarily true unless calories taken in are more than the body needs.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Funny then how im almost double my sugar count daily, and i dont feel hungry at all...

I dont log my tea, mind you thats only with sweeteners and skimmed milk. God bless Aspartame! Been soooo handy for me!

I just leave a couple of hundred cals buffer to cover these things.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My black coffee, and sugar free juice, spices otherwise everything gets logged
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    I don't count the milk I put in my eggs before scrambling, I don't count all veggies, and I don't count when I taste test what I cook. :happy:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I avoid all nibbling and taste tests unless I am gonna be logging it.

I don't log diet coke yet because I am concentrating on counting and upping my water (which is decreasing my diet coke) but eventually I will because I want to track my patterns and my sodium.

I don't log vitamins because I want to see how many nutrients I get or dont get from my foods without that messing it up. For example, I don't drink milk so right now I'm tracking my calcium intake.

I don't count spices because it often doesn't have a label or I would especially because it screws up my sodium intake accuracy.

I don't count gum but I think I should. I chew it mindlessly otherwise BUT even if the small amounts do add up to something, it is better than the food I would be reaching for instead. I think of it as a strategy rather than a food. I go through spurts. Sometimes I don't chew for a good period of time. I'm not a big gum chewer in general. It's just a good strategy to use.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't count vitamins. I don't actually count tea, but I log it just so that I can remember that I had my morning green tea :)
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    vitamins, spices and diet soft drink
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I never add any seasonings or anything like that. I don't add in my gum that I chew (and I think the gum I'm chewing now has 5 calories.) I never put water in there. (at the bottom where you are supposed to keep track of your water, I never do that.) I only put my vitamins in there every once in a while if I feel like it lol. I don't put in the little bit of milk I put in my eggs. I don't put in salt that I put on my food. I don't put stuff in there when I just take a bite or taste of something.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    gum, celery (so little calories, what's the point?) ... typically things i nibble and can't count.

You also burn more eating and processing the celery than what it's worth! :)

Wow, I didn't know that... I wish I liked celery lol.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe there are foods out there like celery that have less calories than the amount you burn digesting them. There are lists out there of these "negative calorie foods" but I don't trust them totally.

I do not count gum, diet pop and diet V8 splash, crystal light. I might sneak a hershey kiss here and there and not count it. I used to skip counting the milk in my coffee but I actually don't do milk in my coffee anymore, I just put a dash of cinnamon in it.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont add seasonings. I don't log things with zero calories including water. I don't log the milk I put in my instant oatmeal because I don't measure it and it's a minuscule amount.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I log everything that I eat and my vitamins, mainly for my own benefit of tracking everything (including spices since I'm so OCD). The one that that I stopped logging, but used to, is gum. I have been chewing it when out running errands and I forget about it so I don't log that. Otherwise, even if it's an 1/8th of a teaspoon of something, it's in my diary, LOL.
  • katjageorge
    Options
    I don't add spices, but do log everything else, even stock cubes and diet coke. If I don't, I run the risk to 'slide' and then wonder why the weight doesn't shift ;). Oh and hubby reckons if you can't scan it, it hasn't got calories LOL ;)
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I count EVERYTHING because it keeps me honest.
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    I don't count calories from vegetable like lettuce, celery, tomatoes and bell pepper.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I count everything, spices included. I haven't always...but when I created a recipe in the recipe tool, and realized that it DOES matter in in terms of sodium... I started to log it.

-I log chewing gum because it has like 5 cals and some days.. I chew enough to make a difference.

- I log my vitamins, because it shows my nutrients. I like that.
    They don't have calories though.
    - When I took my gummy vitamins I had to log them. They were 20 cals and my vitamin C was 10-20 cals.

It's a personal preference :)
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    tea, celery, carrots. That's about it!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I count everything pretty much, even my Metamucil everyday. lol
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Some vitamins, although I do count the powerpac/emergen-c things I take every day. I don't want to bother with finding out the calories of vitamins with oil bases like E and D--