Difficulty getting friends

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I see you're from the UK? that's right isn't it? you can do a search and find people from your area if that's what you're aiming for.
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Anyone can friend me. I always try to be as supporttive as I can. :smile:
  • vermurrgarv
    Options
    :bigsmile: please add me
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have also found that I don't really fit in to any one group and I have made it a point to send messages to those I feel that i can relate to and to point out the specific reasons why I am in interested in their journey, and have heard back from very few. oh well.
    Feel free to add me, I get along with all kinds!
  • vermurrgarv
    Options
    :flowerforyou: please add me
  • vermurrgarv
    Options
    please add me
  • weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :smile:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Always looking for good motivational friends with helpful tips and willing to give encouragment back as needed - please feel free for anyone to add me!! :drinker:
  • sdminor11
    Options
    You can add me
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you add a message with the friend request, mentioning why you feel you would be a good match, you might have better luck. Just say "I read your response in such and such thread" or "We have mutual friends." or something. Most people seem to appreciate that.

It may also be that some of the people you sent requests to haven't logged in today.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you add a message with the friend request, mentioning why you feel you would be a good match, you might have better luck. Just say "I read your response in such and such thread" or "We have mutual friends." or something. Most people seem to appreciate that.

It may also be that some of the people you sent requests to haven't logged in today.

This exactly. Messages are appreciated so people have some idea who you are besides a stranger on the Internet.
  • teddypom
    Options
    Add Me!!!! I just joined yesterday, and need friends!!
  • mykiathomas
    Options
    add me!
  • AWyatt88
    AWyatt88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes. I sent out a lot of requests and only got a few "yes's" back. It can be challenging to find friends and/or support sometimes.
  • ironhouse
    ironhouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I have 0 friends.. =(
  • mbreiddal
    Options
    I too want to be a friend..... Can we work together. I have only been on this for 5 days.
    Soon going on a vacation to Arizona for 2 weeks, kind of scares me as I'll be eating out.
    Any body got any advice for me.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing fine with friends now but I noticed we are about the same age so feel free to add me. The way I made mine was by finding a group on here with similar goals. Now I am moderating one myselt. Most of us add each other as friends to better support each other. Looks like you are doing great with progress losing too. The note idea is good too.
    Best wishes.
    Keri
  • gabbymom2
    gabbymom2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Add me.,....:flowerforyou:
  • chelseablakeley
    chelseablakeley Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    everyone can add me!!!:smile:
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    add me...i want the same things you want...success and good healthy!