Replies

• Becca0301
    Becca0301 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can add me :smile:
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me, the only criteria I have is that you show me the same support that I show you.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    add me!!! :-)...as long as you're dedicated
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    seems kind of bizarre!
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Feel free to add me!
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    If you add a message with the friend request, mentioning why you feel you would be a good match, you might have better luck. Just say "I read your response in such and such thread" or "We have mutual friends." or something. Most people seem to appreciate that.

It may also be that some of the people you sent requests to haven't logged in today.

This exactly. Messages are appreciated so people have some idea who you are besides a stranger on the Internet.

*WARNING: Rant!* :bigsmile:
    Absolutely! I find it completely frustrating when out of the blue I get a friend request with no message. It is like they can't take the time to say hi or to say why/how they found me. Personally, I find it inconsiderate. Then, I have to send them a message asking as to why they didn't include one in the first place. If I just decline automatically I wind up feeling bad as we are all here to get healthy & some people just don't know that you should send one. Especially if they have the mobile phone version only!

However, it makes me feel sometimes that they didn't even bother to look at my profile. I ask for a message right at the top! If they have a bunch of friends I assume that they should know better by now, if not, I try to clue them in & then accept.

It helps to know that you will probably get along before hand. So please, send messages with your requests!!!

Thank you & rant is now over.

Much love to all! :heart:
  • gordon53
    Options
    Anyone looking for support can add me - need it, weight loss stalled and open to any suggestions to get it back on track!
  • Mars70
    Options
    I would love some friends too. Been doing this for a little over a month and just kinda been watching from the back row but, now that I see it's actually working... Yay! Friends.

Please feel free to add me and I'll get you on the return. :happy:
  • Jessifer123
    Options
    Feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • cameillev
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I need some motivation too!
  • Carolcarroll
    Options
    Please add me
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I too can always use a little more support.
  • jorge2657
    Options
    I just joined and you can sure add me!!
  • thepegasus
    thepegasus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hi all.. i accept all friend request.. the more the merrier i say :happy:
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I also need some new friends but quality is the key... I want friends who are going to support me throughout the week. I make it a point to write on my friends statuses just about every day! I want to be friends with someone commuted to being healthy and ready to support other!!! Anywho as someone said above quality over quantity!!:smile:
  • MamaMel71
    Options
    lol. I just went looking to add some members to my friend's list too as I am relatively new and looked at everybody and didn't know where to start. So, coming across this thread is great! I think I will take the time to add all of you too if you don't mind and then I can feel popular. lol

This is a tough one. I am realizing like so many of you I am sure, just how important it is to have support as you go along. I have been yo yoing for years and finally had enough. After quitting smoking(20yr habit), I know I can conquer this too. I am 5'7 and 200 pounds. I was 223 a few years ago due to my last child and have slowly been trying to bring it down. I started on here last year in August with my sister and she continued but I did not when I found out that a certain medication I was on for Diabetes was actually stopping me from losing weight.

Now I am on new meds, a new approach and in the first 6 weeks back here, I have lost 10 pounds and feeling encouraged.

I would like to be here for others. I love reading other people's stories as it keeps me motivated and on track.

thanks all for listening to me ramble and sorry for highjacking the thread for a few minutes of the spotlight(I mean come on, I should have just started my own thread right?)

take care now

Melanie
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Did you write some sort of message with your friend request? I'm a little dazzled to receive a request with no message and I very much prefer to see who that person is and to get some info, just a few lines. I'm really not interested in a long list of friends, personally, but the ones that are in my list, I like to communicate with and have some things in common.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    ADD ME PLEASE,i need ADVISERS,i cant add you guys because of the 10 minutes delay =D
  • mjmtaz
    mjmtaz Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in... add away!!!!:love: