weight over 300lbs anyone else need to lose over 100lbs?

Options

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I made my lifestyle change on 1/1/11 -- I started on weight watchers but then came here in june.... (LOVE MFP much better than WW) --

SW 303.4
    CW 199
    next goal: 175
    Lost 104.4lbs.
    age 29, heigh 5'6''
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at 323, I'm currently at 260, still would like to lose about 100
  • brenpope
    brenpope Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too, I too am in the same boat! Have lost 46 so far (started at 315 last April)but I can always use more encouragement!
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! When I started losing weigh because I saw 300 on the scale. When I started tracking on MFP I weighed 299.8 (just a couple weeks ago). I would like to lose 150 pounds total. Feel free to add me!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep :) I'm currently 345. Feel free to add me for mutual support :)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't have 100 lbs to lose but I did. I started this journey 2 years ago and I had lost 115 lbs. I gained about 12 back over the holidays (and menopause that I am really really struggling with). I have got 5 of that back off and am back on track now. Anyone can add me as a friend that would like to. I don't have all the answers...no one does because we are all so different in what made us gain the weight and also what will help us take it off. But I will help anyone in any way I can. I will say it is easier if you can get a partner to help you...my daughter joined with me and that was just such a motivator! And also look at it as a lifetime change...not a diet. I really really believe if you are looking at it as another diet you will fail. Because it is just to easy to go back to old habits...that is exactly what happened to me during the holidays. I still logged but thought "it's the holidays I can splurge a little" and the splurging kept going to long. Anyway, best of luck...this is a GREAT site!

Deb
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Everyone can feel free to add me as well! I have noticed I do a lot better with the more support I have. For instance this week alone I have lost just above 3lbs. Last two weeks before that I lost none. The difference is the encouraging words and tips that people give. I am good at encouraging and hopefully some of you can encourage me as well.
  • SheltiePam
    SheltiePam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me too please. I'm at 352. I don't know exactly what it was when I started a couple of weeks ago because I didn't have a scale.
  • untfluter
    Options
    I was over 300 lbs... I chose to have lap band surgery a little over 2 1/2 yrs ago.. I have lost 100 lbs but I want to lose at least another 60-75 lbs... for some reason, this year I am so much more motivated then I have been in a long time to really get in the habit of working out regularly and really tracking my food.... You can do this. I started at 358 lbs two weeks before I had my surgery in May 2009. SInce joining the gym I am working out 3 to 4 times a week and really enjoying it.. I am at the gym 2-3 times a week plus I do a boot camp weekly with a friend that is a trainer, and I also work out with a trainer at the gym once a month... I find that I am able to really push myself with my workouts and I love it... I bought a heart rate monitor watch that I can track if I am in the zone for the best/most fat/calorie burning and I get an accurate accounting of how many calories I am burning during my work out... you can do this!! Good luck...
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome! I stared in January at 313 and today I'm 292. I'm never looking back and I owe everything to Mfp.
  • bodesandmizzle
    bodesandmizzle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to everyone! At my heaviest I was knocking right at 300 and I have to lose over 100. I have been on MFP a little less than a month and I am loving it. Anyone can add me and we can support each other.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi i started last january with well over 100 pounds to lose, I have lost 90 still want to lose another 40 ! Good luck and feel free to add me xx
  • Larissa26
    Larissa26 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im @ 340, im in the same boat. feel free to add me, i need motivation:)
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I have been on this site for 3 weeks, and although my initial goal is 80+ pound weight loss, I do have over 100 to lose.

:)
  • tomwashere
    tomwashere Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started at 278. Would have been 300 with another year like 2011. Trying to get to 195. Feel free to add me.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Been there done that ! and I'm here to tell you that you can do it too!!

My best advice is to eat health ( not less) and move more...... that's all I've done in the last 18 months and I'm GETTING THERE!!!

Good luck!
  • nikkis01
    nikkis01 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One day I'd like to be half the person I am today!

I'm 303lb and my ideal weight for a healthy BMI is 145lb so I have a fair way to go! I've only been here a few days so still finding my feet.

If anyone would like to join me along the way, feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • blueyegal
    blueyegal Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started trying to lose weight April 2011 starting at 319 I lost around 30lbs but gained it all back. Feb. 2012 I started again lost 12lbs and found myself cheating A LOT! Today I'm weighing in at 310lbs and would love to lose 120lbs. Feel free to add me I can use all the help and motivation I can get.
  • shantavah
    shantavah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    im with you i weight 301 and some of this has to go :bigsmile: