weight over 300lbs anyone else need to lose over 100lbs?

Options
1235»

Replies

• TRIPLESEC
    TRIPLESEC Posts: 11
    Options
    I can identify with you. I will be glad to see my scale say 200 lbs.
  • mrsjvj3
    mrsjvj3 Posts: 1
    Options
    hello I am Arlene I want to lose 120 pounds. I just started the site today. Need lots of help and prayers
  • cakeladynl
    cakeladynl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this program as well. I started at 323 pounds, and at 5'2". I'm down to 307.

I have been able to lose the weight twice in my life, I've been down to a size 8 (for a week) kinda like oprah and her skinny jeans and wagon full of butter.

I've never been able to maintain the lose. I am looking for a group of people who understand this journey.

So, please feel free to add me. i do need support fro others who've been in the same boat!
  • Tis27
    Tis27 Posts: 16
    Options
    Is it strange to say I don't even know how I got here? I went to see our local community health nurse last Tuesday to get my official weigh in and got a shock.............magic number 333. I remember years ago a friend telling me she weighed 210 and I thought "I may never be the skinny girl but I won't let myself ever get over 200lbs"
    Yet....here I am....WAY over that!! I know I have to do this, I know it will take time, I know it will be hard, I know I have to exercise and make better food choices.
    I am scared, this is hard, healthy eating is more expensive, I am tired all the time....................help!
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 277 almost 300! Anyone feel free to add me! We can do this together!!
  • britlinden13
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the my fitness pal....I need some input from others that have lost weight and how they have gotten to they're goal or are on they're way. I'm 305 and 5'10" I don't know what to really do. I work all the time on my feet walking for 7-9 hours a night and when I'm home I have a now 11month old daughter. I want to lose weight to gain some self worth that I have been lacking for years and I want to live to watch my daughter grow up. I'm at risk of diabetes and heart deiseas because of family.I've tried diets andn I always end up gaining more weight idk what else to do, and don't have anyonento reach out tk. Pleas add me and help me out with what has helped you lose weight and start the road to your goal.
  • dru8376
    dru8376 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Even though the OP deactivated her account, I'm bumping this!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the my fitness pal....I need some input from others that have lost weight and how they have gotten to they're goal or are on they're way. I'm 305 and 5'10" I don't know what to really do. I work all the time on my feet walking for 7-9 hours a night and when I'm home I have a now 11month old daughter. I want to lose weight to gain some self worth that I have been lacking for years and I want to live to watch my daughter grow up. I'm at risk of diabetes and heart deiseas because of family.I've tried diets andn I always end up gaining more weight idk what else to do, and don't have anyonento reach out tk. Pleas add me and help me out with what has helped you lose weight and start the road to your goal.

I'm replying so others will. Have you filled out all the info so MFP can help you set daily calorie goals? That is the first step. Next you should buy a food scale so you can weigh solid foods, like meat, cheese, pasta, rice, potatoes, nuts, etc. You can use measuring cups for liquids.

Today, weigh and measure the foods that you eat, then look them up in the database and log them. That is a good way to start.

If you eat the number of calories MFP suggests, you will lose weight.
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I started my journey way over 300lbs, this winter after a year or more of slowly losing weight and dealing with IBS problems, I got serious about eating healthy and have lost 40lbs since January. I am always looking for more friends and it's nice to have people who are on similar journeys to mine.

Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Just noticed she deactivated her account. Okay well anyone else who'd like to add me, please go ahead :)