Curious - How did relationships change as your weight change

Options
13»

Replies

• teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have been married for four years and we have been together for close to 6. We both gained the weight together after some unfortunate things happened, then I decided I needed to lose and did everything I could to do it. As I get smaller and people started to notice he kept getting more and more insecure. I kept trying to comfort him and entourage him to workout and eat healthy with me, but he is just not there at all. Yesterday I had enough and asked him to leave, I am still very much in love with him but I just don't have the energy to fight and please him any more, especially when what ever I do to try to make him happy never works. I wish you all the best luv and just because this is how things worked out with us, it doesn't mean it's how it will with you. :flowerforyou:
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bump.. I want read this later :)
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    At first I started losing a few pounds and my gf would be encouraging. Then as I started losing more and more she became less encouraging and more hurtful towards me. Things got pretty rough as I continued to slim down.

Then I started strength training. Now I'm being treated like a piece of meat and I couldn't be happier. I guess I was getting too thin for my gf's tastes but getting more cut and muscular has made all the difference in the world. She's quite the happy fan these days...
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think my relationship is better b/c of it. My husband's pretty thin and he works out and he eats mainly what I make... but he also is a big snacker and and he can pretty much eat anything, which he does.

He would always tell me to work out and get healthy before, and I would sometimes work out, sometimes LIE and tell him I worked out when I didn't. Well he kinda stopped telling me to workout..

Then on my own, I decided to get healthy and started eating right and working out.. and I can see the happiness in his eyes! He tells me he's proud!

NOW>>>> If I can just find my libido I lost back when before I had kids.. this relationship would be even BETTER!!!!!!!
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    My husband is just like that!! It's killing me! I asked him one day how much weight is it gonna take to lose before he even acknowledges that I have lost weight. I know he loves me just the way I am and would love me anyway I am. It would just be nice to be given a compliment from ur husband. But he's like that with everything. So I don't worry about it.

My BF is like that. He is not a very emotional person (verbally) so I have to fish for compliments and it sucks sometimes when the person you care about the most doesn't acknowledge you. I love my bf very much and I have no doubt in my mind that he loves me too but I am curious to see how things change and if they will...
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    bump
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    well my fiance loved me at my smallest (135 but "skinny fat"), my heaviest (211+), and now (148 and much more toned!) so nothing has changed with him. if anything, he has just become more supportive with my wanting to eat healthy and exercise.

my parents relationship is the same but I know how upset and scared they were when I gained and how proud they are of me for taking control and losing it.

nothing changed with my friends - again they loved me at my smallest, my biggest, and now. If anything, our relationships have gotten stronger because I am not afraid to talk about my weight now, and they can talk about theirs and we share our eating, exercising, and weight happiness/woes.