Best/Worst Part of 30DS

Options
What's your favorite & least favorite part of 30DS?

Tomorrow will be my last day of level 1. Favorite might be a bad choice of words because I don't really LIKE any of it LOL - but the best part for me is that last round of cardio jump rope because I feel like I can float off the ground at that point. Also, the stretching at the end feels amazing after you've completed the rest of the workout. :P

My least favorite part is the side lunge with anterior (?) arm raise. The lunges aren't even that bad, but my arms KILL ME with that one. Oh yeah, the push-ups at the beginning too!!!

Hope to see what you all like best/least about level 1 and the other levels, so I can see what's in store for me! :)

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    my most hated exercise is the push ups!!!!! i do love all the cardio exercises
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love the lunges, squats and ab exercises. I love lower body exercises.
    I strongly dislike the anterior raises, too! I'm also doing it with 5lb weights because I can't find one of my 3lbs, but I'm getting used to it now. That's definitely my least favorite. I have no upper body strength.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    PUSH UPS!!! I have done the shred 3 separate rounds and I still can't do a push up to save my life. Puny wrists!!
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    I HATED the push ups and jumping jacks at the beginning, but I started to love them because at the end i could do them without stopping and that made me happy. Now what I hate is the repetition. I LOVED the bicycle crunches cause I felt they were so effective, they are still my favorite.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    In the beginning I hated the jumping jacks! and now I love them! I feel like like I'm floating and my legs are so toned!
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Any plank position ab exercise :(
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree and say that the side lunge with arm raises is my least favorite. My favorite would be the ab workouts.
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ah, the dreaded anterior raises seem to be a trend! But I loved all ab exercises in Level 1 - they were a walk in the park compared to Level 2, IMO.
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...none of it is really that great...but definitely effective. I'm rounding up my last few days of Level two here...so I can comment on Levels One and Two.

Level One - Least favourite - I totally agree with the side lunges/anterior arm raises. OUCH
    Level Two - Least favourite - V-flies/chair squats - the bad being the V-flies OUCH. And the squat-thrusts...ouch my quads.

Best on both Levels is seeing a daily improvement in my endurance AND stretching....aaaahhhhhhh
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    level 2 circuit 2 was my favorite. the skaters and oblique twists. i absolutely hated the chair squats with the v fly . level 3..i like circuit two also
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Level One - Least favourite - I totally agree with the side lunges/anterior arm raises. OUCH
    Level Two - Least favourite - V-flies/chair squats - the bad being the V-flies OUCH. And the squat-thrusts...ouch my quads.

Exactly the same for me - I find Level Three best out of all - certainly better than L2, however I've given up on L3 day 5 - don't know why really. I have just done two Davina workouts back to back! Nice to have a change - maybe I was fed up of Jillian!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level 1 - please don't tell me its even worse lol!!

My legs hurt so much and its almost a struggle to walk up and down stairs - really dont like the squat punches, yes my legs do feel like they'e on fire!!!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my last day of level 1 too...

Favorite: Bicycle crunches & Chest flyes

Least favorite: Push Ups (can't do the man push ups at all)
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    char squats with a v fly!! oh god, 5lbs.. bah!!! or switch lunges, if you do them properly, which they dont.... hahha
  • roadtripper8
    Options
    Ugh... the damn pushups!!! I hate them.

I have grown quite fond of anything ab related since I started seeing the results.
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOL , Im the same way with both levels . I start level three tomorrow.:smile:
  • kjmommie
    kjmommie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...none of it is really that great...but definitely effective. I'm rounding up my last few days of Level two here...so I can comment on Levels One and Two.

Best on both Levels is seeing a daily improvement in my endurance AND stretching....aaaahhhhhhh
    LOL .... Im the same way with both levels . I start level three tomorrow:smile:
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to finish level 1 and my least favorite is the jumping jacks. I discovered I have shin splints;( I didn't use that as an excuse to quit though. I just do modified ones. My favorite part is when I hit the second circuit and the endorphines kick in and I feel like super woman and breeze through the rest. I also listen to my ipod during. It really helps.
  • coloschick
    Options
    I just purchased the 30 DS. Have you lost a lot of weight doing it? How long is the video each day? I am going to try to get my husband to do this with me each day. He is dieting also and I think it would be fun for the 2 of us to do it together.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I love the cardio aspect of it, but, my arms are like 2 pieces of string attached to my body:laugh: With that being said, ANYTHING that deals with arm strength............:sad: