Best/Worst Part of 30DS

Options

Replies

• Deinonychus
    Options
    Wow, no one liked the chair squats? I really liked them, no bouncing around just a simple and effective movement.
  • soosweet1920
    soosweet1920 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I HATE that there are so many jumping jacks...I also hate when you have to do the side things and lift the weights. Oh and at the end the last ab workout on level one HATE IT.

Parts I like are pretty much the whole circuit 2 and for sure the last set of cardio!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    skaters and chairs ugh hate them both. skaters more so because i was a skater and that is not how you skate so it throws me
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can't say I love a specific part of 30DS - but I love that she totally kicks your butt the entire time. I am almost done with level 2, but like a couple of you I also hated the side lunges with anterior raises in level 1. In level 2, I hate the chair squat and v-raise. Very difficult. It would probably help if I hadn't been using 5 lb weights since the beginning... :smile:
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Didn't like the either lunge workouts in level one. The first one with hammer curls because it killed my knees, and the anterior arm raises because they made my arms feel like jelly.

I like the ab work and the cardio boxing.

Moving onto level 2 in a few days so I'm sure I'll find more things to dislike!
  • tegtmeyerd
    tegtmeyerd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have 2 days of level one left. I started out hating the bicycle crunches but now I hate the jumping jacks. You'd think by my age I'd be coordinated enough to do jumping jacks, not so much...
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

My least favorite part is the side lunge with anterior (?) arm raise. The lunges aren't even that bad, but my arms KILL ME with that one. Oh yeah, the push-ups at the beginning too!!!
    This is my least favorite as well.. my 5lb weights seem pretty light for most of the exercises on this dvd but for the side lung w/ anterior raises hurts my arms and I always struggle on that part lol.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Hate the push ups. Hate, hate, hate. Love the ab work!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options

My least favorite part is the side lunge with anterior (?) arm raise. The lunges aren't even that bad, but my arms KILL ME with that one. Oh yeah, the push-ups at the beginning too!!!
    This is my least favorite as well.. my 5lb weights seem pretty light for most of the exercises on this dvd but for the side lung w/ anterior raises hurts my arms and I always struggle on that part lol.

That one gets me too!
  • successiswithinme
    successiswithinme Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Only on level one at the moment but---

I like the ending of the circuits the best.....I actually like the lunges with anterior lifts because it hurts so good so I know its working. I also like the squats fro the same reason.

Least favorites are the cardio especially butt kicks, it hurts my knees and lets me know how out of shape Im in because cardio is harder for me than strength.........
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm just restarting 30DS due to an injury, I was just finishing up level two when it happened! I dislike the side lunges with the arm raises too! My fav is the Ab segments! I now do all of the cardio on a mini trampoline to take the pressure off my joints. Makes a big difference!
  • Inforthewin
    Inforthewin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    best part has to be the chest-flys in circuit 3, level 1. Worst part for me is anterior side lunges, I agree with you, my arms die on me about there haha
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Side planks in L3. Would rather poke my own eyes out!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level 1 - please don't tell me its even worse lol!!

My legs hurt so much and its almost a struggle to walk up and down stairs - really dont like the squat punches, yes my legs do feel like they'e on fire!!!
    I had to learn to pee from a hover position! Hurt to sit all the way down. LOL
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Best -
    Level 1: Chest flys
    Level 2: Military press w/leg extension
    Level 3: Superman & shadow boxing w/dumbells

Worst -
    Level 1: Bicycle crunches
    Level 2: Tie between squat thrusts & the V raise with chair squat - I never got good at that one
    Level 3: Mountain climbers & plank rows w/leg raises
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 2 of level 1 - please don't tell me its even worse lol!!

My legs hurt so much and its almost a struggle to walk up and down stairs - really dont like the squat punches, yes my legs do feel like they'e on fire!!!

After the second day, my legs were on fire too. I was going to take the third day off, but I pushed through it & that seemed to be the point where it got better rather than worse.
  • ashleynicol3
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my last day of level 1 too...

Favorite: Bicycle crunches & Chest flyes

Least favorite: Push Ups (can't do the man push ups at all)

Oh yeah, I like the chest flies too. They're a nice break!
  • ashleynicol3
    Options
    I just purchased the 30 DS. Have you lost a lot of weight doing it? How long is the video each day? I am going to try to get my husband to do this with me each day. He is dieting also and I think it would be fun for the 2 of us to do it together.

It's about a 20 minute workout, plus 5 mins or so warm up and 5 mins cool down. It's pretty quick. I was stuck at a certain weight for a couple weeks and after 10 days of doing this, plus modifying my calorie goal and eating a little more, I lost 2 lbs in one week.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...none of it is really that great...but definitely effective. I'm rounding up my last few days of Level two here...so I can comment on Levels One and Two.

Level One - Least favourite - I totally agree with the side lunges/anterior arm raises. OUCH
    Level Two - Least favourite - V-flies/chair squats - the bad being the V-flies OUCH. And the squat-thrusts...ouch my quads.

Best on both Levels is seeing a daily improvement in my endurance AND stretching....aaaahhhhhhh

Yup. That.

Not real sure about the plank jacks yet! !!

Loving how I feel about completing each day.
  • Cris725
    Options
    I struggle with push ups and planks because I dont have a lot of upper body strength, but right now I'm really struggling with pendulum lunges (its killing my knees). My favorite part? Turning it off at the end. :wink: