My geeky #s NSV (w/ pics because people love those)

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. Thats frickin amazing transformation - perhaps one of the best i've ever seen!
    Thank you! Especially coming from someone really fit, that is an AWESOME compliment!
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    b e a u t i f u l transformation! :)
  • letsdothis2010
    letsdothis2010 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Those are some awesome numbers!!! You look wonderful, great job!
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You are INCREDIBLE!!!
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    what kind of strength training do you do? I HATE weightlifting but know how important it is. Did you follow a program?
  • CoryIda
    Options
    what kind of strength training do you do? I HATE weightlifting but know how important it is. Did you follow a program?
    I thought I hated strength training... and then I had someone show me what I was doing and now I'm in love with it.

I won a contest through my local news station and my prize was a month of 3x/week personal training. It was fabulous.
    I learned how to use all of the different machines and how to maintain proper form and how to know if I was using a weight that was too light.

Now, on strength days (I probably do them 3-4 days a week), I go through the basic routine I learned from the trainer:

10 minute warm-up (usually the treadmill or elliptical)
    Lower body (leg press, leg extension, leg curls, abductors, adductors, weighted wall squats)
    Upper body (bicep curls, chest press, cable flyes, lat pull-downs, assisted pull-ups, dips, push-ups)
    Core/Back: crunches (with a medicine ball, bicycle crunches, and with resistance bands), pelvic lifts (these are my favorite).
    And then the dreaded plank - I can do a 2 minute plank, but someday I want to be able to get up to 5 minutes.
    5-10 minute cool down.
    The whole thing takes around 45 minutes, maybe an hour tops.

I do heavy weights, few reps, and go slowly - 4 seconds to initial extension/contraction and then 6 seconds on the negative.

I really, really want to do free weights but I am afraid of not knowing what I'm doing so unless someone shows me or I can afford to hire a trainer, I will just stare longingly in that direction every time I go to the gym.

ETA (just because): I love eating my exercise calories. :)
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    You look Phenomenal! Great job!
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!!!!! :)
  • MrsBraxton08
    MrsBraxton08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • Ruthiejas
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Thank you!:smile:
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    I thought I hated strength training... and then I had someone show me what I was doing and now I'm in love with it.

I won a contest through my local news station and my prize was a month of 3x/week personal training. It was fabulous.
    I learned how to use all of the different machines and how to maintain proper form and how to know if I was using a weight that was too light.

Now, on strength days (I probably do them 3-4 days a week), I go through the basic routine I learned from the trainer:

Lower body (leg press, leg extension, leg curls, abductors, adductors, weighted wall squats)
    Upper body (bicep curls, chest press, cable flyes, lat pull-downs, assisted pull-ups, dips, push-ups)
    Core/Back: crunches (with a medicine ball, bicycle crunches, and with resistance bands), pelvic lifts (these are my favorite).
    And then the dreaded plank - I can do a 2 minute plank, but someday I want to be able to get up to 5 minutes.
    5-10 minute cool down.

I do heavy weights, few reps, and go slowly - 4 seconds to initial extension/contraction and then 6 seconds on the negative.

I really, really want to do free weights but I am afraid of not knowing what I'm doing so unless someone shows me or I can afford to hire a trainer, I will just stare longingly in that direction every time I go to the gym.

Okay, I know what MOST of those things are and can look up the rest i'm sure? How many reps?
  • CoryIda
    Options

5-10 minute cool down.

Okay, I know what MOST of those things are and can look up the rest i'm sure? How many reps?
    I try to do the heaviest weight I can so I can't do more than 8 reps with perfect form.
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
  • carpp107
    Options
    Incredible results......Way to go!!!!!!
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Looks like the numbers are adding up! Great loss and well done.
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    WOW that's a lot of inches. Huge accomplishment!!! good for u! !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!