Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? Proposed on my 21st birthday
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? Since highschool, 4 years.
    How old were you when you got married? Married at 25.
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? 14 years married, still together :)
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

My husband was 21, I was 20 when we got engaged.
    We had been together for 3 months when he popped the question !!
    We got married 8 months later - he had just turned 22 and I was still 20 (but almost 21 ! !).
    And that was 30 years ago ! ! We're still together, and our 31st anniversary will be on June 5th - can't hardly believe it ! !
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

1) 23
    2) we dated for a year and a half before we got engaged
    3) 23
    4) yes - 37 years
  • Fridarules
    Options
    Pretty much like me. Started living together after dating for a month when I was 28 and he was 33, we got married 7 months later. We still together. Good luck with your research.:smile:
  • magoch
    magoch Posts: 134
    Options
    Here are my answers -- for my first marriage and my second marriage :)

First marriage:
    - engaged at 24
    - together 6 months
    - married at 24 (we got married 5 months after getting engaged)
    - divorced after 4 years

Second marriage:
    - engaged at 38
    - together 1 1/2 years
    - married at 39
    - together 6 (very happy) years and counting!
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Got engaged at 20 and got married at 20 had been dating for 5 years before that, we've been married 7 months
  • anndunkley
    anndunkley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Engaged at 21 after being together for 5 months. Married at 22 and still together. Celebrating 11th wedding anniversary in July :-)
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Met: sept 2001
    Engaged feb 2006 (me: 24, him 22)
    Married sept 07: 4.5yrs and counting!
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    "How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!"

I was 20, she was 21 ... she could buy beer, love at first sight. Engaged for 6 months. Together 3 months before engagement (I was on leave from doing nasty things for the U.S. ). Married for 44 years this December..
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Engaged at 16, together 2 years prior to this, married at 20 and still together 10 years on :love:
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    we met in Jan. of 2006 I was 22 he was 31.

we started dating in May of 2007 I was 23 he was 32

We were engaged in Jan. of 2008 I was 24 he was 33

We were married in Oct. of 2008 I was 25 he was 34

first (so far only) child in June of 2011 (I was 27 and he was 36, nearly 37 his birthday is 5 days after our son's)

Still together, still happy although having a baby does strain the relationship a bit.

I know that was more info than you asked for but I felt like it rounded out the time line.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    met aug 1998, married june 1999, both 29
    2 kids, not very happy now, would never have stayed together if it had not been for the kids.
    hope this helps you research.
    somerset, england, uk in case you are doing it regionally
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    hi great class! we were class mates at gradeschool. so known each other since we were six. we started dating at age 23, got engaged at 24 and married six months later. been married for 21 yrs this coming august.with three beautiful boys I might add!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? Both 25
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? Known each other since 18, had a fling along the way, started dating properly at 23.
    How old were you when you got married? Both 25.
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? No, together 13 years, separated then divorced two years later.
  • kristine321
    Options
    We got engaged when I was 22, and he was 23. We had been together 11 months before we got engaged. We were married 6 1/2 months later, I was 22, and he was 23. We have been married for 15 years this past November. This coming May we will have been a couple for 17 years. Oh yeah, we met on a blind date!!
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    First marriage: Both: engaged 17, married 18, divorced 22 (NEVER GET MARRIED BEFORE YOU HAVE A CLUE!):frown: :frown:

Second marriage: engaged me 27, him 37; married me 28, him 38; married 22 years so far ... THERE WILL BE NO DIVORCE FOR US... we're both too old to start over, and we actually like each other:laugh: :laugh:
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I was 25 when I got engaged

We were together 5 years when we got engaged

I was 26 (one month away from 27) when we got married

Still together - Only got married in August 2011.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 23
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 17 mo
    How old were you when you got married? 24
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yep--19
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I was 24, she 19. Engaged for 4 years! Married me 28, she 23. Here we are 17 years and counting with three daughters!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 36. She was 28.

How long had you been together before getting engaged? I proposed on our second date.

How old were you when you got married? I was 38. She was 29.

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yep. 20th Anniversary is August 15th.