Is one greek yogurt better than others? Are any really good?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that a lot of people on MFP eats greek yogurt on a daily basis, can anyone explain me why? :/

Many more of the calories in Greek yogurt come from protein rather than carbohydrates. Dannon has about 5 grams of protein (20 cals.) whereas Dannon Greek has 16 grams of protein (64 cals.). On a low cal diet, it's often difficult to get enough protein.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Chiobani is really good. Fage and Chiobani are a little on the expensive side so i buy the aldi brand. Its called friendly farms. Its pretty decent taste-wise and ingredient wise too.
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE! I will check Aldi since I tend to shop there 90% of the time. I only go to walmart or other big store for certain things. I love frosted mini wheats blueberry muffin and cream of wheat . Aldi's does not have anything like that. I will check the 2 most mentioned here and aldis brand this week. I hope I can find one of them that I will like.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I must be weird, I eat it for the bitter taste, haha.
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani. The pineapple is my favorite!

x2
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of Chobani, but I love Oikos. Chobani is kind of grainy to me.
  • mlang1955
    mlang1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that a lot of people on MFP eats greek yogurt on a daily basis, can anyone explain me why? :/

I eat Dannon Oikos Plain Nonfat Yogurt. Greek yogurt is high in protein, which helps promote fullness. I add flaxmeal, slivered almonds or blueberries to it for variety. I like this brand because it has only 6 grams of sugar. Other yogurts can really pack on the sugar grams and I try my best to keep my sugar as low as possible. This brand also has lower sodium that most, only 50mg. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/diet-fitness/diet/articles/2011/09/30/greek-yogurt-vs-regular-yogurt-which-is-more-healthful
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I broke down and bought the Chobani brand because that was at the store I went to. I got the pineapple and peach. This brand is so much better than the 2 I had before. This is not bitter like the others I had. I started with the pineapple and this one is pretty good but it is definitely a taste to get use to...lol. I will be trying Aldi's version when I go shopping in 2 weeks...