Replies

• Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options
    bump
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Bump-ed! Needed to hear this again as I used to use coconut oil in the past but just to cook with!
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bump (read through page 6 & marking to read the rest)
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hmm, might have to try this.
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I put 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in my oatmeal and it's delicious. I am definitely going to try the ACV.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump...I'm going to pick up both of these tomorrow and see what happens!
  • pjkalk
    pjkalk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    *Bump
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    Is it safe to use if I've had opened coconut oil in my pantry for a long time? I have never known what to use it for, so wondering if i should now use it or get new stuff? It's probably almost a year old.
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did this about 2 yrs ago and lost like 15 pounds in about four weeks. I was mixing it with my chai green tea and exercising maybe 2 to 3 days a week. Just walking at home to Leslie Sansone. I was taking it for other health reasons which it did help as well. I was not trying to lose but the weight just fell off. The weight came back once I discovered I was pregnant. :noway: :blushing:
  • Crystald12342010
    Crystald12342010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Is it safe to use if I've had opened coconut oil in my pantry for a long time? I have never known what to use it for, so wondering if i should now use it or get new stuff? It's probably almost a year old.

It's fine. Virgin Coconut Oil is in solid form typically and then as it's heated becomes liquid. You are suppose to keep it in the pantry.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about hair care!
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    any one have any thoughts on this??? I did some research for my mom who has infection after infection and came across ACV. So i thought i'd give it a try before telling her to try it. By day 2 i felt like the skin on my face was sagging. looking in the mirror it wasn't. By day 3 my clothes became very tight but i had not gained weight. By day 4 i started feeling very depressed and my husband was concerned that I "didn't look right". My skin color was off and my face was puffy. It also happened to by my TOM and it was so heavy. I had to stop taking it because each day i was feeling worse. I was taking 2tsp- 3x daily with water.

Does anyone have any idea why this would have been the reaction??
  • huntindawg1962
    huntindawg1962 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

It's fine. Virgin Coconut Oil is in solid form typically and then as it's heated becomes liquid. You are suppose to keep it in the pantry.

I have read someplace where coconut oil can become rancid over time. It don't last long enough around our house to worry about that though. Worth checking further if it has been sitting around for a while to see if this is true. We use the extra virgin organic version. We use the spray version for cooking too. That one does not impart the light taste that the jar version does (which we also don't mind). Great for pan cooking on fish, chicken and shrimp
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Actually it doesn't become rancid as quickly as you might think, saturated fats are quite stable in fact. A year is still pretty safe.
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

really? my husband put ours in the freezer one night, and then i put it in the fridge to defrost.