What did you used to eat in the big days

Options
124»

Replies

• gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Well.. Here we go:

I was known to go to Chili's, order a beer, a coke, and the triple sampler platter (you know with the Southwest Egg rolls, chicken strips, and buffalo wings)

While eating it, I'd make my order for a big mouth burger.

I'd been known to get off work, go to McDonald's and get 2 wraps, eat on the way home. Go in my home, eat chips, then go meet friends out for dinner at a pizza place or Applebee's. On the way home, I'd stop by McDonald's and get 2 more wraps.

I used to could eat 2 fully loaded pizzas from Papa John's in one sitting.

On a Friday-Saturday night, when I was single and hitting the bar both nights here is a sample menu:

Friday
    Breakfast- Nothing
    Lunch- A large No. 2 from Wendy's with Sweet Tea
    Dinner- Fajitas and chips and salsa from a Mexican place
    Bar- Beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, beer, shot, beer, beer, beer, shot, beer, beer.. You get the picture.
    After Bar- McDonald's for 2-3 cheeseburgers or 2 quarterpounders.
    Then I go home and sleep til noon.

Saturday
    Breakfast- Sleep
    Lunch- A grande box from Taco Bell with all soft tacos except for 2 bean burritos.
    Dinner- Buffalo Wild Wings for a 12 piece boneless wings, large buffalo chips with cheese, and a couple of beers
    Bar- See Friday night
    After Bar- Taco Bell for 5 soft tacos or Burger King for 2 double Whoppers

Then go home and sleep til noon.

Sunday
    No breakfast
    Lunch- Jersey Mike's for a large sub. Go home eat the sub and a bag of Doritoes or potato chips while watching TV. Big bags of chips.
    Supper- Crispy Chicken Strips with french fries.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i would eat a whole 12in steak sub. 3 or 4 slices of pizza and a dozen of wings. chinese food i would eat a whole order or general tsos plus fried rice, an eggroll(sometimes two) and 4 cheese wontons. taco bells 5$ box...eat the whole thing in one sitting...i could really eat
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    about 3 times a week i'd have a take away. Usually a meal and milkshake.
    And about twice a month I'd have a shaketastic (Reeces peanut butter milkshake with whipped cream and oreo crumbs :P)

If I ever had Reeces peanut butter cups I could eat 9 cups straight (but then feel sick lol.

The thing that messed me up most was after eating this I wouldnt eat more than 500 caloies for the next few days then i'd scoff bad food... hence my body stored all the food I actually ate :(
  • malibulu
    Options
    I used to eat mostly how I eat now, only now I have fewer take aways as a treat. I maybe had a take away once a week, not once a month... I have 3 children so a lot of my problem is baby weight, although I've always been big, and was actually at my biggest BEFORE I got pregnant with my first! lol

I would eat sausage rolls, and cheese sandwiches with mayo before, now I rarely have butter on my bread, don't have sugar in my drinks, and have smaller portions of the food i eat.

I rarely eat potatoes, and I rarely eat pasta any more, and I used to eat Jackets and pasta a lot. I used to eat crisps much more often too, and chocolate bars... Now, I'm always so aware of what I'm eating.

Luckily, where I live, we don't have take aways like Burger King, MacDonalds, or KFC (or similar type things) or else I'm SURE I'd have been even bigger than I was! lol

I also stay away from sausages and burgers most of the time, and try my best to not buy snacks at the shops if I'm hungry, because if I don't know where it puts me on my food diary, I can easily go over the top and end up with cucumber for my dinner ! lol :-)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    A lot of cheap, quick food namely because I'm on a fixed income. There was also a lot of 1 am food frenzies because of insomnia, I would stay up until 8 am and just snack on whatever was in the house which was either leftovers or sugary cereal or just crap like that. But really my biggest problem was my pasta/rice/bread intake. I love white rice and can easily eat a ton of it with nothing else and same for bread. During holiday meals I'd eat more bread rolls than anything else. I was told for years to not do that.

Sugar used to be a big thing (my dad kept a lot of sweets in his house despite being a diabetic so I kind of mimicked him for a few years) but I got over that long before I started losing weight. Part of it was I took up the odd hobby of making jewelry from candy (yes real candy, it lasts too) and so it made my brain see candy more as an item for crafting than eating.
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day. They've started posting nutritional facts about the delicious breakfast foods they serve here at work, and I can't believe how much I ate, several times a week. When I compare it to what I'm eating these days, I'm shocked.

I'd eat shredded hash browns, these amazing scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon, a pancake topped with strawberry (but not the healthy kind, the syrupy kind they use to top waffles and ice cream). If the eggs weren't available, I'd have biscuits and gravy. I'd also switch out a pancake for a piece of french toast. Plus the hash browns or tater tots. Like 4 times a week.

Then for lunch I'd have a turkey burger with fries, and sometimes a pudding parfait that was mostly whipped cream. They weren't in little pudding cups either, they were served in like 16 ounce cups.

I'd come home from work and snack, snack, snack. I'd have snacks WHILE cooking dinner, I'd even eat snacks while putting groceries away! And I just didn't care about desserts. We don't keep a LOT of sweets around, but I'd eat several cookies at a time. Wow.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i am embarrassed to admit all i ate in one day.

Breakfast- chicken biscuit add cheese from McDonalds and a Lg sweet tea or Lg coke
    Snack- 2 packs of gummie snacks
    Lunch- A monster burger (xl cheezeburger, with chili, nacho cheese, and reg dressings) with a coke and tots
    Snack- whatever cakes we had at the office
    Snack part 2 (depends if i was stressed after work) a double cheeseburger and a hot-n-spicy sandwich, fries and a coke
    Diner- whatever was cooked

Now that i typed it and read what i would put in my body i am no longer shocked at all the stomach trouble i have
  • roadworthy
    Options
    I didn't eat enough most days. When I started tracking I could easily see why my body was holding onto the excess. The days I did eat enough calories they were crappy ones....

Tim Hortons Caramel Apple Danish - shocked to learn through MFP that these are 370 calories, 17 g fat per danish!! Some nights I would have 2!

Cheetos Dangerously Cheesy - about half of a regular bag but still a killer

Starbucks - Vanilla Bean with a shot of espresso of course Grande, ugh
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to eat so much junk food like chocolate and sweets. Even if I wasn't hungry. Used to eat loads of treats like bacon and sausage rolls. I used to eat about two choc bars a day.
  • hsmithway
    Options
    I've always been good about eating lots of fruits and vegetables, but previously I ate a lot more carbs, a little less fat, and a lot less protein. With so little fat and protein, I was hungry *constantly*, so I ate a LOT. Since I like to cook and garden, and it's extremely rare for me to eat fast food, there wasn't really anything wrong with most of the things I ate individually, I just didn't have balance.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread and here are my confessions;

In one sitting;

A fajita, burrito, taco, portion or rice, coleslaw and nachos from the mexican.
    A Large dominoes meat feast pizza and portion of chicken kickers with 4 pots of garlic and herb sauce.

Nandos would be, pitta and humous, double chicken breast in pitta with chips, coleslaw, corn, garlic bread and 5 chicken wings wish half a bottle of sauce

Curry would be prawn puree, whole chicken tikka madras with keema rice, sag aloo, keema nann and 6-10 popadoms

Macdonalds would be (i don't think the UK sizers are as big a US bit still....) 1\4 pounder with cheese, big mac, 12 chicken nuggets, large chips and large chocolate milkshake and curry sauce

KFC - 6 - 8 pieces of chicken, a fillet tower burger and 2 portions of chipc, sometimes with a few mini breast bits or popcorn chicken as well.

I can't promise myself that I'm never going to blow out with any of these again, but writing it down looks disgusting, and i am disgusted with myself. And possibly that's the first step to making sure it doesn't happen, because those amounts have never disgusted me before. I'll regularly eat enough to feed 4 people. I'm at the start of my journey and glad i've written this down because for the first time, the enormity of that has hit me.
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    On one of my worst days I can remember I ate the following:
    2 large donuts + a breakfast sandwich on a crossaint with egg cheese and ham + a giant coffee with creamers
    1 candy bar + chips
    Take out chicken bacon ranch pizza + garlic cheese knot bread sticks 2 20oz diet cokes
    candy bar + cookies
    2 large donuts
    McDonalds BigMac with extra sauce largre fry diet coke and 2 pies
    1 giant bowl of ice cream with lots of toppings

I am an emmotional eater. I can binge eat my way right out of one depression into another.
    I now have discovered how to avoid/not do that anymore.... and I now eat 5 moderately portioned healthy and mostly natural meals.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Large Mcdonalds for lunch every weekend, sweets to eat during work, family bags of sweets at night. I used to eat a 1000 cal curry for dinner and then an 800 cal dessert straight after once a week.