Do You Log Fun Activities?

Options

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I only count those things because I'm set to sedatary and only allotted 1200 calories a day but I only eat about a quarter of the calories back that is supposedly burned. Guess it depends on the person situation

I'm set at sedentary as well and I make sure not to eat my calories I burn back.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yep. It counts.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I only count those things because I'm set to sedatary and only allotted 1200 calories a day but I only eat about a quarter of the calories back that is supposedly burned. Guess it depends on the person situation

I'm set at sedentary as well and I make sure not to eat my calories I burn back.

If you don't eat back the calories why would it matter then?
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You're burning the calories, and if you're sedentary, technically your body would need those calories eaten back, so yes. That is why I count mine.
  • seattlerain
    seattlerain Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Nah, I consider it a bonus.

I just visited the Seattle Aquarium and waterfront last week!
  • lukeout007
    Options

If you don't eat back the calories why would it matter then?

Because I keep track of my fitness as well.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I just log actual exercise.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Nah, I consider it a bonus.

I just visited the Seattle Aquarium and waterfront last week!

Nice! I'm guessing by the username we're both from Seattle...
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Nope, I quit logging walking my dogs or even my insane shopping trips because they are things I have always done.

Plus, takes all the fun out of it when you're looking at your HRM instead of just enjoying what's around you.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I also log sex as 'gardening' cause it burns the same cals.

that's very very sad. Must really make a partner proud when someone straps on that HR monitor for sex instead of just enjoying it! Wow-people never cease to amaze me!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes! I go to Disneyland every Friday night. I am literally running from ride to ride and across the whole park several times. By the time I get home, I am just as exhausted as if I were to do my normal exercises. I just watch the calories burned estimate.
  • lukeout007
    Options

that's very very sad. Must really make a partner proud when you strap on that HR monitor for sex instead of just enjoying it! Wow-people never cease to amaze me!

Rude response...

She never said she uses a heart rate monitor...you can look up the cals for sex.
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Heck ya... its exercise at its finest. your working out and enjoying yourself way utilize your time .....
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    If it's something with a good calorie burn I will skip my usual workout and log it instead and use it as an intentional workout-i.e. make sure I really go out and get active-like if i go rollerskating for the night, or if I go hiking or whatever...but if i'm just walking around the mall or playing at the park with the kids, it is what it is-fun with my family. I don't log it. Usually if I do something like hiking or skating, i'll underestimate the burn-say if we skate for 2 and a half hours, I log just 2 hours, etc. I'm not sure if the MFP thing is totally accurate, and we take small breaks for water and restroom, etc, so I don't enter the whole 2.5 hours.

Now, my husband and I will be spending the weekend at Disney this upcoming weekend, and i'm just going to log like an hour of leisurely strolling or something for each day (Sat and Sun) as my workout. Of course we'll be walking a LOT longer than that, but for motivational reasons I want to log *something* as a workout on those days, just so I can look back and see it and want to keep going. That probably sounds silly lol but it helps me to look at my pattern and try to keep it up. :blushing:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options

that's very very sad. Must really make a partner proud when you strap on that HR monitor for sex instead of just enjoying it! Wow-people never cease to amaze me!

Rude response...

She never said she uses a heart rate monitor...you can look up the cals for sex.

everyone has an opinion-and they are entitled to it! And I didn't say HER partner-it was a general statement-someone had to wear a HRM to figure out the calorie burrn!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

I agree, I don't have sex and think "Man, how long was that? I wonder how many calories I've burned?!?"
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options

Really? I created an exercise for it but have avoided logging it due to the news feed...

brilliant!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Really? I created an exercise for it but have avoided logging it due to the news feed...

Yup- thats why I use gardening!

Also- dude- seriously- if youre going from sedentary or sedentery or whatever to walking around all day- COUNT IT - dont listen to people that are in a totally different fitness place than you regarding what YOU should consider a workout ;)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Because I would want to eat back the calories burned, I would log it, but try not to over-estimate :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

I agree, I don't have sex and think "Man, how long was that? I wonder how many calories I've burned?!?"

Exactly. I want to focus on being in the moment and the glow afterwards...not was that 5 minutes or 25 minutes?

I understand not everyone is at the same level of fitness and certain amounts of movement really do count for them. But for me and my body, I cannot log things like cleaning, walking the dogs (because it is SO stop and go), or shopping. To each their own and I'm not judging anyone's decision to count it.