Friend Request denials.

Options
_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
I've been denied like the last three FRs I sent out. I'm starting to get a teeny bit of a complex. Do I smell? Better question yet is, why am I fretting about it?

Now, I deny blank FRs, but I say that in my profile. If someone sends you a FR and they add a message (and it's not creepy ...) what reason(s) would you still give them a deny? (saying of course that you are accepting them at all)

Replies

• southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would have accepted you on the leg pictures alone..but im shallow .. would i be correct toi assume that these are turndowns from ladies..?

Oh... and ive never denied anyone. I wouldnt want to chance missing out on some of the lunacy...keeps me sane.
  • _snw_
    Options
    no - three guys. and one girl. ugh - that's four denials. jesus.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am glad to have ya though. :love:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I warned them about your potty mouth.

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, I think some people just have a lot of friends already and can't support any more.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I have never sent a FR and probably never will :P Why? because I, I, I, I dunno lol I just never have. I have refused some though, but i'll say it's for my own personal reasons....but if you wanna add me, i'm not much of a chit chatty person but I won't deny you lol And I did once almost send a FR....:P
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    3 guys..huh..that i dont get.you would( may ) be a tad bit intimidating to the fairer sex but **** if i know y a guy would say no. Maybe significant other issues??
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I send them a message, tell them why I am not adding them, and offer to answer any questions they might have via private messages. A lot of people want to add me just to see how I eat and exercise, but I can answer those questions without crowding my news feed.

It sounds rude, but I try to be very polite and encouraging (even when the requests are from creepy people)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.

Oh I did not know that. I rarely have this problem as I usually don't send FRs but I usually accept them and then delete or hide the person at a later date if they end up being creepy or annoying.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Oh I did not know that. I rarely have this problem as I usually don't send FRs but I usually accept them and then delete or hide the person at a later date if they end up being creepy or annoying.

It's true. We did extensive testing a long time back. There also seem to be some other random triggers that make FR's mysteriously never get received, but as you might imagine, it's very hard to diagnose this from the end user's perspective. Or it might just be a random bug.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    saw the OPs profile. don't see anything other than maybe the people who rejected her FR's hate penguins. yep tha's gotta be it, they hate penguins thus the rejection.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have never sent a FR and probably never will :P Why? because I, I, I, I dunno lol I just never have.

I add people on here occasionally, but I never add anyone on Facebook. I decided a couple of years ago that if someone wanted to be my friend they would have to add me. Everyone I tell that to thinks I'm weird, and I'm not friends with some people I wish I could be friends with but oh well!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I know I've been deleted off of friends lists before because the rejector wanted to focus energy on fewer friends and give them more support. They didn't want a bunch of nonsense clogging up their newsfeed.

I might reject someone if I don't think they would support my goals, if they are a whiner, or if it's a really hot guy. I am married, and if a really hot guy sends me a friend request and he isn't wearing a shirt in the photo, it's probably for the best if I keep my distance.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I get requests daily with no message-my profile states you will be denied if no message is included. So for me-if people can't read-not accepting.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

NOW ya tell me!
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

:laugh: Okay. I won't take it personally then.
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options
    Maybe the like country music. ;-)
  • _snw_
    Options

NO WAY. I probably used the fu@k word in every single one of those request.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

:laugh: Okay. I won't take it personally then.

Thank you. I apologise for being an introverted weirdo. You're awesome, and I admire you from afar. :blushing: