Friend Request denials.

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I accepted two friend requests...and both people seem to have dropped out....within days. I swear, I was nice! Oh well. Doin' my own thing....
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I've not accepted a couple because their profile was empty and there was no reason given, but other than that...dunno. Not sure why. You seem pretty awesome though, judging by your profile, so they're missing out :)]]12854723.png
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I just started out on here, so I don't know that many people. I got one FR and just sent one-both are doing P90x like me.

I'm not a big chit-chatty person, kinda private...but, d'oh...zumbachicklet...I guess I better update my profile!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i've had several FR go *poof* in the last few weeks. i've caught a few via notifications to my phone, but it makes me wonder how many slipped through. server glitches, i assume.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    They don't seem to be the type of person I'd get along with. It's usually a snap judgment, but hey, it's my snap judgment to make.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I got a friend request the other day that had no message, no picture and no information... I denied it. That's creepy.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Some people are just not frienders. I'm like that. I'm also a real thread killer. So.. sorry. Bye bye, thread.
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I don't accept any friend requests anymore. Too many friends to comment on every day, and very little time. Don't take it personally.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    NO WAY. I probably used the fu@k word in every single one of those request.

Damn. I didn't get any f**ks in my request. :grumble:
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    I rarely send out a FR, and even more rarely get them. No sweat off my back. I'm more than happy with the friends I have.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

A "To Kill a Mockingbird" reference...you ARE a worldly lady...foreign, even.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, I think some people just have a lot of friends already and can't support any more.

This. I am a friend request denier. I still feel guilty for doing it, but I actually look at diaries and try to make insightful comments... It takes a lot of time. Keep putting yourself out there, give good support, and you'll find good friends! :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Who could or would deny a friend request from someone with those knees???!! :bigsmile: Uhhmmmm...that's not creepy is it?
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Da Nile
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmPwoT0vN3tGZE6rmeK6YZxyc8KmlvVkxluHfOn1FJ0w9vcXEo2Q
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I dont accept anyone who doesnt send a note as to why.
  • ahunkofmexican
    Options
    Well before i accept a friend request i first look at the persons profile and what kinda replier they are . On February 8th you replied to over 10 + topics. That would mean you would dominate my page and all i would see are high socks and white legs. That alone would hesitate me from accepting your request. On average some people reply every few days but some reply day in and day out. That would freaking annoy me and i would just eventually hide your profile, Then delete if it continues. Being honest here ! :ohwell:
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That's lame _snw_ because you, my love, are an awesome friend!!!! :). And I know how you feel... I just requested someone's friendship and I'm really really hoping to be accepted. Then I ask myself, "Why do I care, it's the Internet?" but I've never cared about my dignity and self-respect before... I sure as *kitten* am not going to start now!!! It's us against the world babe... Jump in.. The water's fine..... :smokin:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I usually accept everyone's friend request... and then if they get creepy or they're dormant, i just delete them. Harsh?
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ACK!!! I always end up rambling in my FRs! I would say something like I saw that we have several friends in common and then start rambling from there.... I either end up with a new friend or a restraining order so it's a win/win situation!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I normally accept all friend requests, except when I see a person who only has members of the opposite sex as their friends, only to stroke their fragile little ego and see all the "cheerleaders" say, 'ZOMG you burned 1000000 calories today??!?! You're so freaking HOT!!!!"

This isn't freaking Facebook or a dating site. I'm not here to be a girl on your ever growing friend's list. I'm here to give and get support, not have someone try to hit on me pathetically to try to join his "Sister Wife Empire."

........yes, I'm a party pooper.