What are you doing with your tax return?

Options

Replies

• abeachlady
    Options
    What return?
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Mine's going straight into savings, but maybe I'll take out a little to replace our front gate that was stolen a few weeks ago.
  • ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We are getting a new treadmill!
    Yay! I love the feeling of a new treadmill...it's the one that sits around here forever that I don't like =)

We're investing it into a new website idea of ours. Hopefully we'll have a little income from it in the not-so-distant future.
  • lissamok
    Options
    I paid off my remaining two credit cards (no more credit card debit) and bought a ticket to visit my newborn baby cousin.
  • bakersduzin
    bakersduzin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's all going towards paying for stuff for my wedding in April. lol
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Killing off the CC balance.
    Putting a gat in my desk drawer at work. ("Complaint Department, M#th$rf&ck@r!)
    New brakes and clutch for the motorcycle.
    "I love MFP" tattoo on my right asscheek (48pt font).
    Booze.

Word.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    It's already gone. Paid off the credit we got for buying a new home two years ago. :(
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    We have three Children, so we have pleny of deductions, but we both have well paying jobs and we fall into the AMT trap.

While we are not "wealthy" we are not part of the upper class that has the loop holes, and we are not low enough to get refunds.

So to offset our Tax we donate a ton to Charity, our Church, while it brings it down some, we still pay I try and keep it under a thousand that I pay on april 15th.

My thinking is...if I am getting money back, that means the Federal Govt has been making interest off my money for the year instead of me.

So my Goal has always been to get it around tha either I am getting back a $100 or Paying a $100, with Paying a small amount my goal.

So far I've been around that area, which is good.

Any good financial advisers out there that can help a Middle class family save for College?
  • jocelynna
    jocelynna Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Big screen TV and huge sectional couch for our family room. We already have a furnished living room, but our family room was looking a bit shabby with an oversized chair w/ ottoman and 27" tube TV.
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    saving for our wedding <3
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    2 week Hawaiian Cruise in April !!!
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm..... in that imaginary fantasy world where I would actually get a return..... Oh my, the things that I would do!!!!
  • ttillman19
    ttillman19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a sub contractor and the hubby's accident last year, hopefully I have paid in enough. If we get any back it is going for a new pool liner for summer exercise/family fun. After that it will go toward our debt.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    New TV pay some bills and put the rest in savings
  • clewis628
    clewis628 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Getting new tires for my car and then finally (3 years and a beautiful daughter later) booking our honeymoon vacation! :happy:
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have just bought a MacBook Air and I love it!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Roof repairs, new carpet in bedrooms, rest on mortgage....not very exciting:huh:
  • lealea_803
    Options
    We just bought a house in Sept and it has been my dying wish to have the exterior painted. We will also redo the kitchen with new countertops, paint, and lighting! As for myself, I will be getting extensions!! :-) I have longed for a ponytail for years! LOL
  • lcoulter417
    Options
    Paying Credit Cards off!!! At least 2 of them :) 2 more to go!!!!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Return?? Whats that?? I wish..... Im one of the lucky ones that pays in all year and then pays in some more..... :grumble:

On a better note- Congrats on the treadmill- thats a great way to spend your return! Enjoy! :happy:

Exactly...What return? I had to pay over $8,000. Joys and tears of owning a small business....Thankfully we're solid financially and had the money, but it was quite a shock! No vacations this past year because of it. And we're working to be 100% debt free. Only thing left is the house and that should be pd within 2 yrs. (Then the real fun will start!) So if we had a return it probably would have went towards that