Does it REALLY matter where calories come from?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Fascinating read. Too bad it wasn't homemade cookies, cakes, and pies .... but then portion control would be out of the question, lol. I've heard of the MacDonald's diet, too.

Yeah, im in no way advocating it but for WEIGHTLOSS it doesn't matter but for HEALTH and muscle mass, energy and all the things that make you are happy superhero, you need eat clean foods thathold nutritional value :)

Except in the twinkie diet all of his health markers improved, which kind of proves the opposite of what you just said. He ate that junk food diet, lost weight, and lowered his body fat, blood pressure, triglycerides, cholesterol, etc. He didn't eat healthy food, yet it made him perfectly healthy. As long as you get the proper number of calories and micronutrients, it doesn't matter where they come from.

Yeah I know. I was waiting for this reply. But like he says he doesn't know how it effects his long term health. I do believe nutritional value has a lot to do with your health. Ie you can still be obese and be malnourished and for instance my mum and others I know, who are not dramatically overweight have hideous cholesterol problems or high blood pressure because of the level of saturated fats they have consumed.

I'd be interested to see what the long term effects of the Twinkie diet is.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    As long as your poop floats it makes no difference.

Carry on.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    As long as your poop floats it makes no difference.

Carry on.

Love it. Btw I'm in the UK so I had no idea who Dr. Oz was until MFP..... I haven't stopped laughing