Very sore from 2nd day doing 30DS. Should I continue with da

Options
Hello,

To all the many people who did the 30DS or any other major workout, did you take a break while you were sore or just continued? I am so sore right now but I am not sure if I should continue or wait until I heal.

Thanks

Replies

• porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I sucked it up and kept going - day 4 it eased so didn't take long.

Be sure to warm up more before hand and stretch a bit more at the end too - It will improve and you're doing your muscles good ultimately. :)
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    I just started the 30 ds myself and I did it on Sat on OMG I could barely walk on Sun so I did skip. I went back to it on Monday not quite as intense then took a hot soaking bath and I was back at it today. If it hurts like mine did you have to take a break and use it as one of your break days. She suggests 5 days a week like Sun and Wed are rest days for me. Good luck and let me know your results. Oh I am doing 30 ds with weights today I added back my zumba for 20 min on hard level then did her workout, wouldn't have made it other wise lol.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...
  • clowermom
    clowermom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I kept going.

I exercise in the morning, so I was sore as heck all day long. The next morning, I was still pretty stiff feeling however, I soldiered through the workout and actually ended up feeling pretty good afterwards.

My soreness started to diminish after about 4 or 5 days.

Stick with it! I just completed Day 4 of Level 3. I've lost 2 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 and I'm feeling so much better! Just modify it to suit you! I'm glad I didn't take breaks! it gets worse before it gets better! day 4 will feel better then day 3 ect ect..:drinker:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    YEP! First time I did it last summer, I was SO sore the first three days, but all my friends said push through, so I did. After that, I was only sore a couple days when moving up a level. This time around, I'm using heavier weights and really not all that sore. Your body will adapt.
  • Beth429
    Beth429 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    YES!!! Continue!! It gets easier!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    To overcome soreness you need to keep moving. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to do that particular workout, but be sure to do something. Swim, jog, hike, climb stairs! Do something to get your heart rate up and work some of the lactic acid out of those muscles!

Here's some expert info:

Should You Work Out When You're Sore?

If you want to work out when you're sore, then I suggest starting with 10-15 minutes of light cardio followed by stretching, then lifting, and/or more cardio. If the soreness resolves or doesn't interfere with your performance, then continue with the workout. But if the soreness worsens or causes too much pain for the workout to be worthwhile (you can only 50% of what you normally do), then you're probably better off either working another muscle group, or taking the day off, because muscles grow during downtime, not when you train, and if your muscles get sorer during your workout, then you need more time to rest, recover, and grow.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=78966&page=2
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...

Then why is it called "30" day shred????!!
  • Karoline01
    Karoline01 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was sore on the third day but I kept going.. the pain went away.
    I did warm up on my own before I started the warmup with Jillian, it helped me.
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes, push through. I know it is hard. I am in workout 3 day 3. I had the same issue in the beginning could not walk. It gets better as your legs get stronger.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any breaks. By day 4, you'll feel better.
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I was sore for about 3 days but I continued, and I promise you that it did get easier, and I've just finished the first level of 10 days and it doesn't hurt at all anymore, and hasn't since about day 6.

I start on level 2 tonight, so I'll let you know how that goes and if I ache from that!!

Good luck =0)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That is incorrect. It is meant to be done in 30 consecutive days.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I pushed through days 1-3 and after that it got easier!! Keep going!! :)
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great responses. I am happy to hear its not a consecutive 30 day workout. Base on how I feel I am not sure if I can pull through this later today but I will attempt. If not I will take the day off.
  • MrsJessicaGalvin
    Options
    All I can say is it hurts to even use the toilet! I'm on Day 3. I'm gonna suck it up and keep going for it! I think you should keep going. I know it hurts, trust me, I know! WE CAN GET THROUGH IT!!!! You won't get results without the work. Kudos for doing day 2!
  • Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep going. I was sore for the first 3 to 4 days. Just keep going. I am about to start the second level tonight and I'm SURE I'll be sore. It means it is working.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    You need a break day two or so days a week. I took today as a break day because I'm really sore & I feel like I don't get as good of a workout when I'm sore. I'll put less effort into certain moves that use the muscles that are sore, which is just wasting time imo. I want to put my all into the workout, so I can get the best results possible. But that's just me. Maybe do some stretching & take a hot bath to help soothe your muscles.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump